Mignola's Hellboy: finished texturing!

Updates at the bottom!

Here is my all - time favorite character, Hellboy: I felt that my other character (The Goon) could be used as a basis for Mignola’s Hellboy. So, here he is: modeling of the character is basically done, now I am UV unwrapping him for texturing. I’ll need to model the coat and his accessories (utility belt, gun, cross).

I originally intended to make him low poly, but modeling of the stone hand turned to be more fun than anticipated, so I kind of lost the track :wink: He is still bellow 3000 polygons (2725 to be exact), but this will be more with the coat and other things.

Tell me what you think!

Decent Resemblance.

Keep it up.

Quick pose: I started rigging this guy and I trued one quick pose to test the rig: there is a lot of job ahead of me: for one thing, his stone hand flexes…

Hellboy update: I sculpted the guy (three parts: Right hand of doom, Upper body, lower body) and created normal map out of it.

So here he is: Color & normal map, Normal map only and cell shaded

C&C welcome!

Texturing and rigging finished!

Excellent work, dude! You’re very good at modelling and rigging! XD

Thanks! I’ll make short animation with him soon!

new renders are looking much nicer i must say, i love hellboy for me you done him proud! only crit would be perhaps his ankles are a bit to small, i know its open to change and persoanl interpretation, just for me, they should be a bit thicker, like the rest of his limbs.

(edit, after looking again, perhaps the uber hand is just a bit too big compared to the rest of him)

good stuff tho, i really like him :eyebrowlift:

peace

Pork, thanks!

I have tried to achieve Duncan Fegrado’s take on the character (he makes his stone hand bigger than Mignola - it seems that even Mignola likes that approach).

I am working on the illustration (still) with this character and it should be finished in a few days.

ristesekuloski - great work. Love the texturing on the model. One crit - where’s his cigar?

Hey nice model!..would you mind putting a screen shot from maybe like 4 different angles on how you weight painted the shoulder and armpits to get such good deformation after posing?..for some reason i am having a great deal of trouble getting my shoulder and armpits to deform smoothly. Thanks!

@Adedunmola: I can do better than that: Follow the link in my signature and download EinsteinDwarf rig and model (rig is the same)… about weighting: Bone heat weighting as it comes - no editing at all!

@nichtechygyu: I haven’t modeled it yet… it is planned though… :wink:

Needs a better lighting , other than that very good!

Very nice model

Best comic writers: Mike Mignola, Jeff Smith, Bill Waterson.