Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: My tests

Really awesome stuff. You should consider to join blending life 2.

The first prize is very nice. One year membership to 3dsk.com. Also you would set a very high standard for the competition.

nice stuff, as always
    "Getting the right geometry is kind of an art on its own." -Paragon

Are you supposed to plug in the textures and uv mapping types into the materials themselves, or via a texture node in the node window?

It doesn't matter, I do that via node editor because I can easily do color correction or mix textures with different color, it's up to You how you plug in textures.
    Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

So how would you plug in a normal map? I've tried nodes, which doesn't seem to work. There doesn;t seem to be a connector in the output for the normal.

I use normal/ bump map only for unscatter diffuse and specular shader, Just do that in traditional way, just like you always do it.

sorry for small updates, it's really hard to find time to do more things.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=1626

Last edited by Maqs; 25-Feb-10 at 17:23.
    Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

man.... your works are awesome!!!!!!
    hope some day take a half of your skills
    May the Blender Be with you
    My Wips:
    Sorceress (Some nudity)
    The Cloner (Star Wars)
    Clone Trooper (Star Wars)
    Skeksis (Dark Crystal)

Here is something I've been pondering as of late, that I thought I'd pose to the master of SSS shaders - how do do dark skin.

Playing around with basically the same node setup as you use (each layer screened on top of the next), I was thinking how do replicate dark skin. The first layer, if we were being physically correct, should be the same - orange/red tones for the subdermal colours. The darker pigmentation should come from the epidemal layer (that being where the pigment melanin is produced) But with all the nodes being screen nodes, there is no way for this layer to darken the subdermal colours from below.

Just wondering if you had experimented with it at all. I'm going to have a play and will post any results.

I was thinking about the darker skin tones too but while blending life 2 is on i think people should try to at least test there own sss shader's like Maq does, brilliant as always and so scary at the same time.
    Favoritism

_ben_

Well, its hard to do dark skin, but there is very easy way to do that, there is one more way to texture that shader, its less physically correct but give good results, set your subdermal, epidermal, unscatter diffuse layers colors to quite bright to obtain almost white color, but You should still see some orange color (double coloring) next simply set your color map as overall color ( you have to create color map from photo, because that kind of map have informations about subdermal and epidermal colors)
    Very easy I read aboute similar way to texture sss in some papers, work quite good with Our shader
    Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

I can not figure out how to get the sss node in the nodes editor... ahh! haha.. Can someone help me?
    I'm using blender 2.49,,,,

there is no SSS node ... you have to make a new material with SSS enabled an combine that with other materials in the node editor

New test. It's early wip so please tell me what You think.

Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

The last one´s skin shader is impressive, is it your "old" skin shader or is it a new one?

Awesome work as usual! love the face and hands

Do you build your basemesh like this from scratch, or do you retopo over a simpler sculpt?

onnevan, It's old shader with small changes.
    sick Thank You, glad You like it and yes I build base from scratch.
    Last edited by Maqs; 21-Jun-10 at 12:09.
    Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

Sorry Maqs but this blender SSS is not convincing, is SSS possible using blender? In some cases maybe... Never mind, modeling is great. The best I had is combining renders in ps. Still not convincing though. Someone should see this and fix it if possible. As it is now is a wast of time. Sorry for this.

Awesome. It's done with new blender sculpting tools, or zbrush?

Hi michalis, sss using blender is posible, the sss options in material editor are not just my illusion, trust me mate. I agree that shader I use is far from great and the results are far from good, but that don't mean You can't create better one I'm sure it's possible.
    Sorry for my English
    m3maqs.deviantart.com

holy crap that's good!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast