Maya and moving multiple keyframes

I know this might not be the best place to ask this, but I’m gonna try anyway.

So I’m doing an animation in Maya for school. I’ve done a couple hours work on it, and now after watching it, I see the timing is off. I need to add a few extra frames towards the beginning. Simple enough… or so I thought.

While this is something I could do in Blender in seconds with the action editor, as far as I have found so far, it’s not even POSSIBLE in Maya, which is ridiculous. I just need to take ALL the keys from ALL the bones in ONE character and move them forward a few frames.

I’ve been bashing my head in to find a solution to this, but I haven’t had any luck so far. So if anyone knows how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I feel your pain.
Have you tried selecting everything ( I hope you have a selection set ) and then opening the graph editor and highlighting those keyframes? I remember it would take exactly 1 minute to highlight all my characters manipulators, you know drag a box around the keys, wait
1 minute, THEN move the keys, THEN wait again for Maya to digest all that.

But the aforementioned is the way I did it. Hope that helps.

Use SHIFT to drag over the bottom timeline. This highlights the segment in red and there are Maya’s own unique arrow thingamies to move left / right, resize etc.

Thanks a ton, guys! What Lancer said worked.

Still, takes way to long just to select everything in this horrible ‘generi’ rig.

See what you can find out about Maya group… or, I think I used to select all the pieces and look into something of a console window which shows MEL script equivalents of all actions. When these are pasted as a script, they can be added as an icon in your own custom taskbar, so that whenever you click the button, it selects all the parts you want.