Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

After more than a year it's finally time to release the new version: LoopTools 3.0
    This release is exclusively for Blender 2.5. More specifically, it is only compatible with very recent builds of current SVN (if it's older than a few days, it won't work). I suggest using revision 34985 or later.

Download
    Here is the download link to the script: LoopTools 3.0
    (right-click save-as sometimes doesn't work correctly with google hosting, so beware)
    Information on how to use an add-on can be found on this page.
    Once you've installed AND enabled the script, the tools will show up in the toolbar (T-key) and in the specials menu (W-key) while in editmode.

Background information
    Because I had to rush to meet my deadline for this release (only got half an hour to spare), I don't have any documentation or images ready yet. My apologies for that. You can expect these to come in the next week.
    For the time being: most of the things still work like they used to do in Blender 2.4. The main difference is that the options for the tools are now displayed after you run the tool (to keep in line with Blender 2.5 design philosophy) and they are displayed in the toolbar, or you can display them by pressing F6 after running the tool.

You can consider the current release as a kind of private beta release, in that I recommend to only use the script if you have any experience with using any of the old versions. Once documentation is up and I've done some changes (see below), I'll try to do a proper full-fledged release for a broad audience.

I'm highly interested in any bug reports, suggestions, or other feedback you may have. Since this is the very first release for Blender 2.5 with large parts of the code completely rewritten, it's very likely that there will be some bugs. Please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

Future
    My idea for this add-on is to add a few more tools to it. Nominees for integration are Bridge & Loft and this old script (anyone got a suggestion for a nice short name?).
    I'll also create some proper documentation and example images, so that the script is ready for a wider audience.

Crouch Thank you!
    I wanted to go sleeping but it will be long night tonight
    Thanx!

Wow, this is so useful and amazing! You are the man, Crouch!
    My Blender works-
    Chemistry || Microbot || You Don't Love Me No More || The Jump (Short Animation)

thankyou!

downloading now!

seems doesnt work with my 34999build :S

I installed it, but I cant find n the list, also no messages from the console.

exactly the same as MmAaXx : doesnt working with build 34999 (32bits)!I installed it too, but it doesnt show anywhere in the addons panel, in the console shows something similar to this : IO Error : no such a file or directory C/Program files/...../blender/revision/..../addons/looptools_300.py hope you find the problem!

Awesome crouch! One thing I noticed was this:

looptools300.png
    'Living is thinking, create good thoughts...'

Thank you Crouch
    WHA!!!!!! a working 2.5 script of looptools? One of my absolute favorite Blender tools/scripts.
    Though I too am not seeing it appear in my addons list(in the preferences). I'm going to hunt through the console, see if I can pinpoint the error or issue.

@MmAaXx & spirit
    It works perfectly well. Just make sure you place the looptools_300.pyc file inside \2.56\scripts\addons. Then open Blender, access the User preferences and look for Looptools. It should be there.
    My Blender works-
    Chemistry || Microbot || You Don't Love Me No More || The Jump (Short Animation)

Great tools! Works perfectly with 2.56.1 r34858M
    installed by user preference and enabled! Simple and clean!

Thanks!

ok works in 35023 8D cool!

blenderificus and spirit: I'm not certain why it isn't working for you. I've tested on both 34985 and 35012 and it worked fine. Like I said in the release post: the script needs a very recent build of Blender. Could you say what version of Blender you are using and how you are installing the script? For instance using the install-button in User Preferences, or manually saving to the add-ons folder.

Dune2k: I'm able to reproduce the problem. I'll further investigate what's causing it and try to fix it.
    EDIT: bug found and fixed, will be solved in next release.

In reply to everybody: thanks for your comments. It's always fun to read that so many people appreciate the script and the posts here at BlenderArtists are always a big motivation to write an even better script. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Crouch; 21-Feb-11 at 06:08. Reason: bug fixed

@Crouch, I'm using 35021, nice and fresh build. ;-)
    And, which is odd, nothing appears in the console, no errors, no mention of loopTools at all. And its nowhere to be found in the addOns pane of the preferences. And still doesnt install when I use the "install addon" button from the addons prefPane.

Probably an issue on my end somehow... no worries if others have it working... I'll try to find out the issue, though odd that i'm not having issue with other scripts.

@agentmilo, there is no ".pyc" file AFAIK unless blender can at least see the script as an addon and attempt to activate it. There is only the ".py" file. Unless I missed something RE the PyApi & loopTools.
    Last edited by 3Duaun; 21-Feb-11 at 06:55.

AHHHHH found the issue I think ;-)..... @ MmAaXx open the actual looptools script and take a look at what it saved, LOL. You might be seeing what I saw.... looks like a stylesheet, not a python script... how odd. The original file that downloaded AS "looptools_300.py", was a 4k style sheet, not the 82k python script of the same name. odd, wonder if BA had a mixup.
    I wonder if Chrome did that for some reason, LOL.

Anyway, Installed, and working & AWESOME!!!! Thank you Crouch.
    Loop tools and Vertex Slide(from Chromoly) are 2 of my fav modeling scripts. And I have both working again in OSX Blender 2.56 builds.

Time to finally make the move to 2.56 for modeling :-)

In my first round of tests, I'm getting some odd/jagged vert placement when using RELAX and SPACE when selecting verts on a flat square or circular shape(not no an edgeloop, works fine on edgeloops)
    CIRCLE is working VERY well though
    Last edited by 3Duaun; 21-Feb-11 at 07:30.

eheheheh okok,
    infact now I m using a full-features build from graphicall that include already the script !

thankyou!

yeah, now 2.5 is fairly better than 2.49 for modeling.

Also Crouch told me that make a bevel tool that you can choose the number of subdivion isnt it?

did someone say a REAL bevel in blender... oh the mythical bevel ;-)

Im loving it so far! Finally i am one step closer to being able to model in 2.5 full time

I think you should add the bridge and loft tools too

I noticed a possible bug and was wondering if there may be a fix for it.
    When i use the Space feature with all selected, i get a flat section on one side...Any ideas?

Space_all.jpg

Also, could you integrate the options with the main buttons, or have an option for it?

I would really like to have everything in one place so modelling is as streamlined a possible

LoopTools_interface.jpg

Thanks for the awesome script Crouch, i have really been missing these tools in 2.5x!

*Edit* A Bevel would be amazing!
    Last edited by metalliandy; 21-Feb-11 at 07:49.

Works bombastico here!
    Crouch i love you!

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast