Is there a way to snap while using the Proportional Editing tool?

Am I doing something wrong or does the little magnet tool (which allows Ctrl to snap) not work when using the Proportional Edit Falloff (aka “the doughnut”)? I am trying to snap one vertex to the vertex point of another object.

I can’t even get it to work the long way using the 3D cursor. Is snapping even possible with proportional editing?

you cant work on verticies (in edit mode) on two seperate meshes at the same time. You have to join them first (ctrl+j)

however, if all you want to do is move verts from one mesh to the same position as another you dotn have to join them.

just:-

select the destination vert and press shift+s - cursor to selection

change the rotation/scaling pivot to 3d cursor

exit edit mode - select other mesh - go into edit mode and with proportional editing on select the vert you want to move

[s]cale - 0. this will move the vert to the cursor and the others with it (depending on your field of influence - the circle that appears)

hope this makes sense - just tried it and it works

I followed those steps exactly and I had the field of influence on the proportional modeling tool rather large and the result I got was not even close to the result of just dragging the vert over (with the same field of influence) and lining it up by eye, so something is not right or this method doesn’t do exactly what I am needing it to do.