Get your Publisher Style Python API in Creator

censored

This is Blender CREATOR 2.25 which is nothing more than regular free creator with all the Python features of Publisher.

Sweet. Just one small question…is this legal?

I don’t know if that is legal, so until it is clrealy known if it is, that link will be censored.

I know it wasn’t in your intention to do anything wrong…

Martin

I asked Ton and here’s his answer:

Hi,

Well, ‘legally’ the right to publish this software is for NaN only.
Currently we tolerate distribution of the Blender downloads we offered
for
free at our ftp site. This is a clear community service, and doesn’t
harm
anyone.

We’ve decided last january to offer 2.24 and 2.25 for Publisher owners
only.
Making this version public then bypasses this strategy. I would prefer
to
keep this right, to make a new start for a Blender company more
attractive.
Hopefully Iceman, or other owners of 2.25 don’t mind to wait another
while… but I understand the feelings among users; until we’ve got a
clear
message and new strategy for Blender, it’s wild-west out there. We
cannot
expect our users to support past NaN strategies when there’s no company
actively supporting them.

So, in general my answer is: stick with 2.23 for the time being, and
wait
another month for answers from NaN.

Thanks!

-Ton-

So, no Blender 2.25 for non publisher owners.

Martin

This ISN’T publisher, I thought I made that clear. It is creator with an alpha python API, so please let Ton know that I didn’t post a link to publisher. I don’t even own publisher or have a copy of it. This does not have any of the publisher features like Booleans, etc…

I don’t think you get it. It is still Blender 2.25, even without the Publisher features.

We’ve decided last january to offer 2.24 and 2.25 for Publisher owners
only.
Making this version public then bypasses this strategy.

I think that’s clear enough. Be it a Creator, it is nevertheless only offered to owners of Publisher.

Well, ‘legally’ the right to publish this software is for NaN only.
Currently we tolerate distribution of the Blender downloads we offered
for
free at our ftp site.

I sincerely doubt that the version you were offering was available freely on their ftp. If it was, it would have been in all the ftp mirrors.

I hope that was clear. Even though having a version with the new API might help, NAN still owns the legal right to their software.

Martin

Iceman: BTW, I think I know what that version of Blender is and, correct me if I’m wrong, it was only distributed to a restricted list of people as part of alpha testing on the new API. It was never intended to be distributed to all the users. So that goes with Ton statements, that only version that were freely available on their ftp should be distributed.

Martin

I agree with theeth in that I do think Ton knew what version you were talking about.

NAN still owns the legal right to their software.

Martin

There is no NAN, in a legal sense, here is what Ton said:

"We cannot expect our users to support past NaN strategies when there’s no company actively supporting them. "

So its really up to respect of Ton’s wished not to make this available, nothing legally stopping anyone. I just thought it would be nice for users to experiment with python functions they had questions about like the InverseMatrix. I am leaving the version on my FTP.

You are wrong,

Blender is a asset of NaN Holding, which is still a company.
So like he said best thing is to wait a bit longer and see what happens with further development of Blender, because that’s being talked about.

From my point of view :
Thanks Ton for this great app, and thanks Iceman for bringing this version to us. I know that some kids in my neighbourhood would be realy happy!

dimitrije

You know what, theeth and Kib_Tph? you’re just dirty snobs that think they can decide over the future of the products of a company that does not exist!!

I bet both of you have publisher, and you are selfish enough not to let other people benefit from something that is free, and you paid heaps of money for!! IT’S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT!!!

Why don’t you let others have the full Python API!!! And about waiting a little longer… I just think that’s bullshit, we’ve been waiting for NaN to ‘reorganize’ for about half a year now, and NOTHING happened!!!

NaN is dead, just face it, and instead of making an ass of yourself you guys should let everyone benefit from what would be available anyway, following your theory of ‘waiting a little longer’. What do you expect to happen after we wait a little longer? Exactly what can happen now… with the-IcemAn’s help!!! DOESN’T THAT RING A BELL FOR PETE’S SAKE!!! WAKE UP, AND FACE REALITY!!

Thank You.

Tom

You have no reason to be upset. You can still download this version on IcemAn’s FTP. So, what’s the big deal?

Ton said us to wait till June, and that’s what I’m doing right now.

Dear Tom. Please do not be such a raving idiot in the future. Cf. below:

You know what, theeth and Kib_Tph? you’re just dirty snobs that think they can decide over the future of the products of a company that does not exist!!

I would guess that they bathe regularly. In addition, they are not deciding the future of the products. They are stating that as the official arbiters of this website, they prefer to follow decades of legal precedent in not disseminating or supporting the possible theft of products of a company that, while it is currently undergoing bankruptcy proceedings, does indeed exist in both a very real and a very legal sense.

I bet both of you have publisher, and you are selfish enough not to let other people benefit from something that is free, and you paid heaps of money for!! IT’S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT!!!

Kib and theeth’s ownership of Publisher or lack thereof is completely irrelevant to whether or not you are an idiot. Which you are. Last time I looked, I don’t give away anything that I paid hundreds of dollars for, unless I’m completely finished using it and am now using something better.

Why don’t you let others have the full Python API!!! And about waiting a little longer… I just think that’s bullshit, we’ve been waiting for NaN to ‘reorganize’ for about half a year now, and NOTHING happened!!!

Kib and theeth are not preventing you from having the latest Python API. Anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence can locate it by making basic assumptions about information presented in this very thread. If you have not been able to do so, do not try to compensate for your idiocy by blaming your inabilities on the supposed malevalent control of others.

Also, I was unaware that the passage of a few months of time invalidated the legal standing of a company or their right to their own property.

NaN is dead, just face it, and instead of making an ass of yourself you guys should let everyone benefit from what would be available anyway, following your theory of ‘waiting a little longer’. What do you expect to happen after we wait a little longer? Exactly what can happen now… with the-IcemAn’s help!!! DOESN’T THAT RING A BELL FOR PETE’S SAKE!!! WAKE UP, AND FACE REALITY!!

NaN is a corporation, not a living creature. Even so, a more appropriate analogy would be that NaN is seriously wounded and is currently undergoing vital reconstructive surgery. Once again, Kib and theeth have prevented no one from obtaining said API. I also guarantee you that if they are reading your post, they are awake. If indeed you are able to locate the API, then you will have demonstrated a rudimentary level of logic. Please apply that logic the next time you post.

Kib and theeth - you do an excellent and thankless job moderating these forums. Thank you.

3DGamer - simple rules for life: Think before you speak or act. Don’t crap on the folks that give you a place to hang out. Don’t yell at someone else because you are unable to demonstrate basic higher brain functions.

I don’t have Publisher and I would be happy to have it.
But it’s our own fault!
I think we had enough time to buy it and we didn’t…why?

Why do my posts always start so much turmoil?

I’m sorry, while trying to quote this post, I hit the Edit link by accident, hence deleting the original content. My sincere excuse to S_W, the orignal poster.

theeth

No problem. 8)
You’ve quoted most of my post below.

Perhaps because its like giving $300 for a pack of gum?

Could be a reason :wink:

(BTW: the python api of the creator 2.25 on your site seems not to be the same as the publisher api, because .setVisible() doesn’t work in your .exe file.)

That’s because it is the beta testing version API, not the final Publisher API. So, while it can be useful to know the new functions, so of them might not be entirely compatible with the Publisher API.

Martin