3dmagix..blender is that you ?

www.3dmagix.com

lol… Cody spent many years and thousands of dollars to make Blen…I mean 3D Magix for you. :no: Im sure he’s violating copyright laws using other folks images to market “his” product…nice sales page tho.

Lol haha that’s pathetic. I don’t think he asked every artist for the images ^^.

This looks better than Blender! :slight_smile:

Yes, it looks much more professional

I don’t think this guy even knows how to use blender or any other 3D program

Qns: Can it work with 3D Max / Lightwave files?
Yes, it supports all major image formats. You can even convert between them.

Import my Jpegs to 3Ds Max?

Hahaha that’s just too funny I definitely have to give the site a second chance. Maybe there’s more funny stuff on this page :D.

3DMagix’s Power Wizard feature does the work for you, so whether you’re a novice or a Webmaster you’ll be producing stunning artwork in minutes.
I’m willing to overlook the whole “novice or a Webmaster” bit to get a look at this “Power Wizard”

I think that is what is called a violation of the GNU license, no!? :slight_smile:
It’s funny because he may actually sell some of those marvelous packages …
Tss tss just $8000 …Blender is priceless :yes:

Worth reading: http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/press/re-branding-blender/

Artists who have gotten their violated might want to contact the owner or his host (www.hostgator.com) and demand to have their work removed…

I guess they didn’t have time to write a Linux version. :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of what that guy is doing can’t be legal.

I’ve read the link provided by Gustav…
After that I’ve noted that the “Business man” of “3Dmagix” doesn’t seem to make a direct claim that he is the author of the software… so, apart from the stolen images he proudly displays… it looks like legal :confused:

@sausages:
To download the Linux version :stuck_out_tongue:

If You Think Maya or 3D Max is Good, You Ain’t See Nothing Yet!

hah, interesting :slight_smile:

Unless he denies a source code request from someone who received a binary version of Blender from him, he isn’t violating the GPL (it’s still crap though).

He is violating CC-by when distributing BBB and Elephants Dream without attribution.

He’s also violating copyrights of all those other images.

Martin

Well in the “Special audio message” He says “After years and years of people begging me to do it. I’ve spent thousands of man hours 10s of thousands of dollars and the last three years of my life putting together hands down the most powerful software…” sounds like a claim to me ‘Former Pixar Animator’…lol and if that was the case his “software” would be owned by Pixar …Cody is da man!! His VIP Premium Upgradeis awesome!!

grab your pitchforks and torches!!! :slight_smile:

Chaaaaarge!! :ba:

WTF?!?!?
This is just blender… and they are selling it!
We should tell Blender!

More importantly we should track down the authors of all the artwork posted on that page and let them know of this.

I clearly remember at least one of those images coming straight from the gallery at blender.org

This already pisses me off as it is…but what pisses me off even more is that it looks like we can’t do much about it, since it has happened in the past with other software.

You should read his Terms and Conditions, it’s pretty funny. According to this, Blender is essentially stealing from him :rolleyes:

Haaa! Ok then, sounds like Mr. Dude should had stay only by the writting :cool:
I didn’t click that… I’ve only read :o

@superx10:
:stuck_out_tongue: It’s the shortest “Terms and Conditions” I’ve ever read… humm! Now that I’m thinking it may be the only one I’ve fully read :smiley: