New Ogg and Flac support in Sound

Hi all,

Until that NexYon can develop the new sound unified library for Blender/BGE I uploaded a Blender 2.49 with support for Ogg, Flac and several Wav codecs. These builds use Openal-Soft and alure libraries.

The links:
[Win 32 / Py2.5]

[Win 32 / Py2.6]

[Linux 32 / Py2.6]

[Linux 64 / Py2.6]

[MacOSX]
If anybody makes a build I will put here

[Diff]
http://jbernalmartinez.googlepages.com/Alure.diff

New features:
Support for Ogg vorbis, Flac and several wav codecs in the BGE.
Support for mono, stereo, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 & 7.1 output.

Known bugs:
There is no draw of the wave in the sound space for Ogg, flac, etc (only for wav).
When the sound is packed no information about sound is known in the Scene->sound (althought it works)
MP3, WMA are recognized but they aren´t played yet.

TODO:
Support for more than 24 sources.
Add parameters in sound actuator only availables throught python
Streaming music.
Echo and reverb enviromental effect actuator.
Low-band filter per source.
Mic actuator.

Regards,
Jorge

Do you mean OGG in the GE?
Really?!
Came to my arms, I want to embrace you!

Yes :smiley:

+10 Characters

Great!!
I’ll wait for the Linux64 version, then!

Nice!
Can you add this patch to svn, i can compiling under linux.

Linux 64bit uploaded to graphicall.

is one of the main devs looking at this thread?

this would be a great feature to include into the official release, once it became unspaghettified ^^

@jorge:
no offense intended! spaghettified code is as great to me as unspaghettified one, as long as the noodles taste good :wink: ( i dont even know IF your code is bolognese or carbonara )
anyhow, you saved me a lot of time trying to figure out how to implement ogg support myself, thanks a LOT!

greetings
manarius

Nice try Jorge, but the Linux64 in Graphical don’t work?!

Wow, I was just thinking the other day about how great it would be to have ogg vorbis and flac support in the GE! Thanks, maine!

hi Jorge Bernal (a.k.a lordloki),

Ogg in the BGE! I’m excited.

I tried to download the Win 32 build but it doesn’t exist.

Clark

I’m trying re-upload again the builds to graphicall. Sorry, for the inconvenience

I think that win32 and linux64 builds are now availables.
I will try compile linux32 this night (i have to setup the linux installation in the virtualbox yet)

hi Jorge Bernal,

Thanks for re-uploading it. The ogg files sound great. I had 3 playing at the same time without problems. Even the wav files sound better.

Clark

Now, builds are uploaded for windows 32-bit and linux 32 & 64 bits.
I will continue with the known bugs and TODO :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you for linux 32 build
i had try it with ogg and is`t works. Not just for this build, blender sound system have a bug on linux! Seems playing 2x faster the sound in BGE or if I press the play button on sound panel … weird.

WHY DID I NOT STUMBLE UPON THIS BEFORE?! this is that awesome. so awesome, in fact, that i almost(almost… ;)) spilled my drink to hear one of my favorite latin guitar songs playing to a stickman walking across an epically sized desert plain.

ha ha, I used this version of blender for my game. I just didn’t want to disturb the thread 0.o

Thank you very much for sharing, Jorge Bernal, it lowered the file size of my game from, 107mb, to 33mb :D, great job!

I also use this in my game.

I would LOVE everything on your TODO list!!! I hope you finish!

sorry, i just think others should see this, you know? it’s (almost) like taking 25’s sound system and dropping it into 249, for stability.

And I want to say again how amazing it would be to have:

Support for more than 24 sources.
Add parameters in sound actuator only availables throught python
Streaming music.
Echo and reverb enviromental effect actuator.
Low-band filter per source.
Mic actuator.

:smiley: