Jazz Jackrabbit (free rigged, textured, animated model) NEW LOGIC

If i had to look back on my whole life, Jazz Jackrabbit was my favorite game of all time.

it started off as a DOS game, suppose to be the “sonic” of computer games. anyhow, it was decently successful from what i could remember.

then Jazz Jackrabbit 2 came along and even though it was far better quality than the first, it was considered a flop because of some dumb reason. But i LOVED it. a frantic side scrolling shoot’em up platformer starring a green rabbit was just too cool for me to resist. plus it gave you the option to create your own levels and tilesets and share them with freinds and gave you the option to play as different and unique rabbits gave it an almost infinate replay value.

plans were made to create a 3D game for the ps2 but it was abandoned (and probably rightfully so, it looked terrible). the rights to the rabbit were completely abandoned and the whole series died.

out of frustration i decided i was gonna make my own 3D remake of JazzJackrabbit 2. so i modeled and rigged Jazz Jackrabbit, but fell asleep during the process, and i forgot where i left off, got busy doing other stuff, and Jazz just floated away.

so i found him a few days ago and said HEY! what a waste of a game model, maybe someone can use him! an old fan may LOVE to get his hands on this.

so here is the info on the model:

4183 verts
4720 faces

(kinda expensive but still reasonable)

toon shaded by default
includes normal map
includes texture map
(both very simple)

rigged
(face rigs are kinda… well they need work)

easy to modify

your free to use this model and textures in any way and dont have to credit me if you dont want to. If anyone has ever played this game and just want this model, or might plan to use it in their own jazz jackrabbit fan game (or official game, all rights were abandoned i think) then i say more power to you.

if there is enough intrest, i might make a model of spaz and lori as well as other members of the cast as well.

well, here ya go… have fun

(external doenload because texture files of both JPG and TGA bring the .blend to a size of 1 MB)

Attachments

1 Like

man! that’s awesome!

thanks

i hope someone else in the community has played this game. the only person i have ever bumped into in my entire life who had played this game was a girl from Germany who i met in a book store, she caught me playing it and approached me and told me her brother and her played it alot. her english and my german were so limited that communication was reduced to a few broken phases (i picked up from living in Germany for 3 years, very limited) and hilarious hand gestures. but it felt good to sit down and play through the co-op with someone who had played before.

I played this when i was 6 and i admit it was a masterpiece (lol)

This was my favorite game for a long time!
I’ve still played the second one on occasion…
Did you know they released a version with 3 characters? (the other one was a girl rabbit)
Good job on the model!:yes:

[edit] I just downloaded, and why didn’t you click the “compress file” option in the menu? I would recommend turning it on in your default settings.

I had the demo of that game… I always wanted to get the full version :stuck_out_tongue:
looks just like the original!

thanks.

you can download the full games plus the expansion online for free and its a easy and quick download and its on multiple sites. just google it, and im positive its legal because its under an abandonware liscense.

im working on creating some basic animations which i will post here later

ahh… another great product from the netherlands :slight_smile:
jazz jackrabbit!

okay, now just for fun i gave him some game play elements and animations. Just the basics, (running, walking, jumping etc…)

the logic and all the animaions are included in this blend

CONTROLS

W- run forward

S - walk backwards

A- sidestep left

D- sidestep right

SHIFT + W - walk forward

SPACE- jump

MOUSE WHEEL UP- adjust aim downward

MOUSE WHEEL DOWN- adjust aim upward

MOUSE MIDDLE BUTTON- recenter aim

move the mouse to the right of the screen to make jazz turn right, and move it to the left to have him turn left

thats all the controls i have so far. later i plan to do his more advanced movements (helicopter ears, hanging, climbing, etc…)

like the model, all the animations and everything in the blend are free for public use without crediting me.

here is the blend

Very nice!
Keep up the great work!

alright, added some new tricks for him to do based off of jazz jackrabbit 2

* = new

CONTROLS

W- run forward

S - walk backwards

A- sidestep left

D- sidestep right

SHIFT + W - walk forward

SPACE- jump

MOUSE WHEEL UP- adjust aim downward

MOUSE WHEEL DOWN- adjust aim upward

MOUSE MIDDLE BUTTON- recenter aim

move the mouse to the right of the screen to make jazz turn right, and move it to the left to have him turn left

• hold SHIFT while in the air - helicopter ears

• hold CTRL while in the air - butt stomp

• CTRL + W - rabbit dash

here is the file

Nice!
All you need now is to make him shoot! Lol.
Keep up the amazing work!

MiniFig : can you re-upload the game , link isn’t working …

3DGURU : My computer recently went down, so I don’t have this file anymore. Sorry :frowning:

I’m making JJ fan game in unity and I need model like this. Does anyone have Jazz model anymore? Turtles are easy enough to model, if all else fail, I can just find model of actual turtle and change it a bit, but I need Jazz. I fear that if I’d try to model him, I’d offend every JJ fan in existence.

i also would like the have the model, but it’s been removed :frowning:

Enjay please teach me how to make own Jazz Jackrabbit 3D models,because I screw this up

http://i.imgur.com/7IZGVBv.jpg

why mediafire thinks Enjay is me from future or alternative dimension?

i can’t download the assets

mediafire is thinking i’m annonymous?