gui builder for blender scripts [update, bugfixin]

hi there,

at last, i managed it. the btk.gui module and the btk.gui.designer are working, at last i hope so :smiley: . no python installation needed (images have been dropped), should run on any blender since 2.25-

features (gui toolkit)

-gui relative to text window size
-listener concept
-high level (panels and layoutmanagers and that stuff)

features (gui builder):

-wysiwyg
-saves python files
-loads python files
-clipboard (also across files)
-looks nice :smiley:

screenshot (designer:)

http://www.elektrolite.com/btk_gui/screen1_small.jpg

download:

http://www.elektrolite.com/btk_gui/

ok, hungry for comments,

corban

[EDIT]
changes made:

-load/save now works fine with blender < 2.28 (there was no FileSelector, i forgot)
-button access from generated source now works.

ok, bye again :smiley:

Works on OSX ! Well the gui comes up. ! I donā€™t know how to do anything with it. But it sure is neat !

Great stuff! Iā€™ve been looking for something like this for a whileā€¦ I already have my first GUI up and running!

Thanks very much for your hard work,

Cheers

Leon

-looks nice :smiley:

true in every word ā€¦

i excuse myself for my extreme noobieness - but whatā€™s it for? the blender GUI itself or what?

I did find one slight problem, but itā€™s possibly just due to my lack of python knowledge!

I canā€™t access slider values - when I use the code mentioned in the generated script, e.g.:

red = getHandler().getButton("colorSliderRed").value

It returns a ā€œnoneā€ type object - excuse me if this is a known issue!

Silverhook - itā€™s for designing GUIā€™s for your scripts, rather than for Blender itself.

thanks, that was my first impression, but i got frustrated by the next posts %|

ok, some answers.

leon:

sorry for this comment in the source file, itā€™s an example. you need to name a slider button ā€˜colorSliderRedā€™ in the gui builder or use another name in your source. it did not work anyway :smiley: , bug, fixed. anddo not excuse yourself for my bugs :smiley:

yougbatcat:

have a look at the manual (link below there is one), but for the start:

in the dark blue panel, change the VBorderLayout menu to HLayout and then untoggle the greedy button. now in the light blue panel select from the ā€˜component typeā€™ menu the ā€˜buttonā€™. do this again and againā€¦ your gui should get filled with buttons. now from the ā€˜select componentā€™ menu select ā€˜MainPanelā€™. play round with the greedy button and the align menus (again, dark blue panel). thatā€™s the way it works.

ok, i am now gonna extend the documentation section on elektrolite.com, especially on the use of generated source.

so, a fixed version (compatible) is made:

http://www.elektrolite.com/btk_gui/

changes see first post.

greets,
croban

so cute GUI :slight_smile:
Bugs or just alpha version?
1.canā€™t select the Label, Fatlabel, Panel, Menu component with the mouse
2.ā€œpanel itemsā€ menuā€™s content does not change as the ā€œselelect component to editā€ menu does
3.when change to other components, the Panel components disspears, maybe use a extra color to render a unselected Panel

just alpha version :smiley:

1. yep, mouse listeners are not implemented yet, you can only select active components. for the menus: blender notifies only when you changed the menu selection, when you do that the menu should be selected. but this selection thing is the next feature to implement.

2. yep, would be a just a few lines, comes.

3. uhm? did not understand :smiley:

corban

well, a good habit will resolve the 3rd question :wink: : change the name and color of components as soon as possible. the 3rd one means:
1.run btk, change VBorderLayout to VLayout, untoggle greedy
2.add a Button
3.add a Panel
4.add a Button again
5.now the new added panel_1 hides in the background

ah, now itā€™s clear. i think panels could be made visible with a border also. the only purpose of a panel is to contain components, when it does not, it is very small, so theryā€™e not in the background, they are only small gaps when empty. when you select the created panel_1 in the first menu, you can add components to it.

i think it will be a good idea to place a text button next to the add component menu to name the component to be created, it is unhandy to move the mouse over the whole screen for that afterwards.

iā€™m on holiday now, so i think iā€™ll spend another nite on this :smiley:

cu corban

ps: all properties (also the bgColor and the border color) will be saved to the source file and are visible in your gui.

Nice work!!!

Took a little while to get used to, but since the manual method was driving me nuts I stuck at it and was rewarded.

Only thing was half the lines in the resulting python file need to be removed.

each problem line ended with

= &lt;bound method OBJECT.METHOD of OBJECT&gt;

where OBJECT was the gui object i.e panel/button/label etc and METHOD was a method normally ā€œaddā€

but what the hell, after a quick grep -v worked a treat

Nice work I guess, I havenā€™t acutally tried it out yet. But why is it that you created this when me and RipSting already have GUI creation scripts?

The post is over a year old :wink: