Do you remember G-Police?

Gpolice was a futuristic PC game where you piloted a havoc, a kind of helicopter without helix.
I remember in that time i was impressed by the graphics, and enjoyed playing the demo, my friend politing an I shooting the vilains (what a team work on the same keyboard!!)
So i decided to model the helicopter, and update it a little for blender game engine.

first i need high poly to bake from…

Waaw nice, brings back a lot of memories this game…had forgotten about it untill now.
Model is nice, keep up the good work

thanks, jorisAR i am playing the game archeologist!

Here is an update for the high poly. this is the first “detail level”.
hope you ll like it

never heard of the game but i think the helo is nice

Wow, it’s been ages since I’ve heard of that game! For the most part, it looks like your model is pretty much spot on for the original artwork for the game.

Nicely done. :wink:

AyaneMatrix: yes the model is inspired both of the artworks and ingame screenshots. It is hard too get references, there is very few images online. Mainly, i am running the demo of the game in background task to check up de details, and then return to blender…

Darkangael: thank’s !!

here is the last update.

Can’t remember the game but I like the chopper.

that’s seriously nice. good job.

The details are looking really good.
Are you going to make a blender version of the game?

What’s up next? further detail or texturing?

Well i’m happy with details, i just added some colors to help texturing afterwards…

Next i m going to make the low poly mesh.

JorisAR: yes i am thinking of a blender version of the game.
But i have not yet figured out how to animate and use the logic brick to reproduce comands of the original game. I should think about it.

ZombieJohn, thanks, i glad you like it so far, i keep working on it.

Farshnuke well it is pretty old: 1997.

here is a rough version of the real time place holder. I don’t really understand why i have those strange gleam. If you practice normal mapping in blender you are welcome!

Reminds me of my old 3Dfx card… Nice work! The Gleam maybe caused by the opening on at the wing or the normal facing at the hidden area (wing). Is it the same gleam on the other side?

Wow!These designs are awesome.
Going to look this game up.

yes! I remember it’s screen-shot from the top of my PS1 Box, but I’m sad to say,
I never had the game, though it always seemed interesting. :slight_smile:

Oh, and damn, that’s a nice model. :yes:

mziskandar at the other side there is a black hole; notice there is no morrorring in the uv. i fixed it by converting the face to triangle, but i still dont understand the principle behind that.

RONIN thanks, yes you should play the demo, and then you can compare my version :wink:

Felix_Kütt thanks! well in my opignon it is nothing revolutionary in the gameplay, but strangely i love the futuristic athmosphere of the game.

Hello here is an update. I am doing the paintings on the texture, i am not satisfied yet. Comments are welcome… :slight_smile:

That was definitely one of those great games which I had forgotten… I think I upgraded my PC at the time just to run it… Great modeling by the way.

thanks Sycosys ! yes it was so high tech at this time!

i just sketched a pin up to put near the cokpit. I want it sligtly different from the original.

Damn i am sick of this helicopter. I drop my tablet pen, and go out. Now there is the pinup. Coments welcome!

Now i am quite happy with the result. But i’m not sure yet about the lights.