Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Script is fixed in SVN, see the first post of this thread for more information on how to get it.
    It needs 2667 of extensions SVN and 42175 of trunk.

What happened to the script. Download seems to be broken.

It has been removed from SVN and development on it has stopped, because this functionality has been included in trunk.
    Open Blender in debug-mode, and the option to display the indices will be present in the Mesh Display panel.

Fine ... is this ok blender.exe --debug (then indices of vertices are possible to view in edit mode N panel)?

Small question is there a possibilty to change the color of the indices?

i wrote a little addon to get a bit more out of the index visualization. for me its important to be able to select specific vertices on a mesh. and with a lot of vertices it can be a pain to find the right indices.
    so the addon takes indices and marks them so you instantly have your vertices/edges/faces that you look for.

mesh_IndexMarker.zip

indexmarker.png

Nice works in 2.64 ;-)

There is a built-in feature now for this, but you get the display option only if you are in debug mode.

So you either do
    Code:
    bpy.app.debug = True
    or change the code of the Mesh Display panel in N-panel, so that you get the "Indices" checkbox always (remove the if-check for debug mode, unindent the following line by 4 spaces and save - on win vista/7 you may need blender running with elevated rights to have the permission to write to system drive)

Then, depending on the selection mode, selected geometry will show the indices.

The color is controlled by the following theme properties, category 3D View:

verts: face angle text
    edges: edge length text
    faces: face area text

if you don't like the built-in feature: I reworked Crouch's script to work for 2.65 (uses bmesh module)

http://www.pasteall.org/38724/python

Hi

Is this script removed from the codebase? The link is dead. I so need a way to display vertex indices. if not I will write one but this is much easier.

Originally Posted by kkar View Post
    Hi

Is this script removed from the codebase? The link is dead. I so need a way to display vertex indices. if not I will write one but this is much easier.
    No, this code has been integated into Blender. Try out this one to enable visualiser.

visualizer works again after small change

Hallo to all interested:
    Using Blender 2.70a and space_view3d_index_visualizer.py from Crouch, taken from old 2.64 addons does not work immediately.
    After a small change It shows again either vertex, line or face indices! Hurray!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by PKHG View Post
    Hallo to all interested:
    After a small change It shows again either vertex, line or face indices! Hurray!
    Hey PKHG,
    Has the change you mentioned been integrated into the addon or is it something you did yourself? I just enabled the addon from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Ex...dex_Visualiser (which is for Blender 2.65 and up) but it does not seem to work. I see all the right buttons in the mesh display but toggling them has no effect whatsoever. Have you encountered this problem?

Thank you for helping!

Originally Posted by Kirjain View Post
    Hey PKHG,
    Has the change you mentioned been integrated into the addon or is it something you did yourself? I just enabled the addon from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Ex...dex_Visualiser (which is for Blender 2.65 and up) but it does not seem to work. I see all the right buttons in the mesh display but toggling them has no effect whatsoever. Have you encountered this problem?

Thank you for helping!

Downloaded a minute ago, added it to the addons of 2.76b Blender, and works nicely as earlier

very very thks you, I just solved my problem by your script!!!

@kromar :very very thks you, I just solved my problem by your script!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123