Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 1,901 to 1,917 of 1917
    Nice. Like the texturing, with lots of grub, scratches and dirt on it.

But does anyone ever seriously think these bridge decks through? I mean, there's one guy siting with his back to the window. Also, do we really think a spaceship would have control centers with buttons?

@sologix If you were to follow your logic, why are there windows on a spaceship in the first place?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	469573

Name:	51.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	469574

The "chunky" style is growing on me. It's a nice alternative to interactive holographic panels and screens. Gives it a 40/60 mix of steampunk and futurism. The ship has a lived in, but cared for look.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't use a touchscreen on my computer at home. I use keyboard and a mouse. If I was on a spaceship I'd probably want physical buttons too.

Looking good!

Name:	65.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	470467

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	470468

For the sake of modularity, I decided to go ahead and create a second optional version of the front of the command deck. It'll fit into the nose of the Viminal class gunship. Problem with this is that it had some empty space in the middle, so I built a little holographic display for it.

Hope everyone is doing awesome.

Dan

Hey some of your renders look absolutely amazing. I have recently started experimenting with blender and your renders look amazing. Browsing this thread led me to a video where you had added lasers to an animation of the original adamant. I have been trying to get that type of effect in cycles and blender render for two months without success any way you could provide an explanation of how to do it or a link to a tutorial or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    On another note I love the industrial look your giving the interiors of your ships but I feel that they are perhaps a little too clean. mabey add some junk laying around to make them feel more lived in, cups plates ect.

@Durry01: Hey, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I did do a tutorial on laser beams in the past for CG Cookie, but it's been a long time, and I'm not entirely sure if it's still up or not. You might try that site and look for "blender laser beam tutorial" or something.

Hopefully everyone is doing awesome.

Thanks,
    Dan

What a sweet project. Thanks for sharing!
    Managing partner at Dijt. Product renderings and architectural renderings proudly crafted with Blender.

Wow, just wow!
    Awesome project!

So, Dan... how's the story line coming along?

@Astro1derboy
    @ryangorley
    @Dan80

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

@Xraygunner

It's coming along slowly. Work and life tend to get in the way. I know it's an unpopular answer, but it's true.

Dan

Only unpopular on my end because I'm living vicariously... and the fact that it is my answer as well! Keep chipping away!

Hi. Remember me from that Akashi-class repair and support vessel I posted several months ago? :P

Yeah. Um, I've started work on another ship, and... I don't know what it's missing... :/ Other than the obvious things, like thrusters, of course... Something about it just doesn't feel complete.

Name:	Ring_I.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	487671

Name:	Ring_I_back.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	487672

Name:	ring_I_side.jpg 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	487673

Any suggestions? I am officially annoyed with this thing right now, cuz I just can't figure out what to add! XD Also, I think I'm going to call it the Ring I.
    Last edited by Leumeister; 13-Jun-17 at 07:58.

Also, that Akashi-class repair and support vessel was updated since I last posted here...

Name:	Front.png 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	487729
    I changed the cockpit design (actually the bridge, but it looked more like a cockpit in the older version.) The ship is actually quite big. Also, yeah, it is rather poorly textured, but it's just a placeholder until I can be bothered to do some more in depth texturing... Sigh....

Name:	back.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	487730
    Got my own lens flares now. :P I used the plugin Flares Wizard for Blender. Works really well! ^_^

Name:	top.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	487731
    Better view of the repair bay in the center of the ship. It can fit a fighter in there.

I've got a couple more images, but I've reached the amount of images per post, so it'll come in my next one. :P
    Last edited by Leumeister; 13-Jun-17 at 23:41.

Here are the others:

Name:	landed.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	487732
    What do you think of the landing gear?

Name:	repairBay.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	487733
    Example of the ship carrying a fighter. May not be to scale.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596