Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1913
    The interior of the space freighter Nero's Fire. It's dingy, it's dirty, it's crampped, it's hot and stuffy and awful. It's home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	537.1 KB 
ID:	457517

Still to do: The rest of the rooms and some extra props here and there.

Hope everyone is doing awesome.

Dan

Originally Posted by JDaniels View Post
    The interior of the space freighter Nero's Fire. It's dingy, it's dirty, it's crampped, it's hot and stuffy and awful. It's home.

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	537.1 KB 
ID:	457517

Still to do: The rest of the rooms and some extra props here and there.

Hope everyone is doing awesome.

Dan
    even the simplest renders turn out awesome with your designs - this one seems to me to be very realistic compared to the stylized rendering I always get.

It has the look of something very solid and robust. Like the interior of a military vessel. Although I wouldn't say it was dirty or dingy at this point. Apart from the worn edges, it looks like the cleaners have been in. Not that that's a criticism though.

@Craig Jones: This turned out a little more realistic than I intended, to be honest. I wish I could claim credit for it, I don't know...it might be the shaders, but it's the most realistic looking thing I've ever produced, I think. :\

@Macser: Thanks! Yeah, it's not very dingy or dirty, yet, but I'm working on the overall shapes and color schemes before really hitting the details.

Dan

You can claim credit since you did it ,examine what you did differently this time and you can replicate it. My guess: its a combination of several things working in your favor. 1. good shader with the right amount of reflection and subtle dirt and roughness variation (the last part is super-important.) 2. good diffuse map with subtle color variations. 3. The model itself, lots of nice curves and bevels where light nicely bounces off. 4. the monochromatic look and the subtle blur pushes the image quality into photo-realistic territory.
    Last edited by Romanji; 25-Oct-16 at 13:23.

Hi
    Very goof work.
    My only remark: the video seems not very soft when the camera rotates, did you use motion blur ?

Name:	17.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	458445

@BoFZeVampire: Thanks! As it is just a WIP, I used low render settings for the purpose of speed. 24fps, no motion blur. The next video coming up is a bit better.

I didn't really mean that I think it should look dirtier. One of the reasons it has the look of a military/naval, vessel, for me, is the tidiness. Which is something you might expect on a ship of that kind. Whether the paint is wearing and the metal is dented, it's kept clean as a matter of routine. If it was something a less bothered crew was using maybe there'd be panels missing. Wires exposed. General clutter. That kind of thing. I realise it's early days though.

And yes. I think it does feel like a real environment. Looks like it would be right at home in a live action production.

Dude, holy crap. That is sick, and all that is missing is the teddy bear on the bottom bunk

Really cool. Love the lighting.
    What`s the thing on the right in the topmost image, though? A sort of armchair-ish/beanbag-ish piece of furniture?

greetings, Kologe
    "Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law." - Douglas R. Hofstadter
    If human mind is an armory, - which it doubtlessly can be - then the arm having the by far greatest potential of bringing death and doom over innocent people ain't nuclear weapons, but religions.

Camo bed sheets inside a spaceship!?!
    Dell XPS8700, i5 , 8Gig ram, 24 terrabytes of storage, GTX745 (waiting for Pascal ), Antergos Linux (KDE)
    Apple iMac 2010, i3, 16Gig ram, 500 Gb HDD, AMD HD6750.
    Lenovo 15" Laptop, i5, 8Gig of ram, 2x 120gig SSD, iGPU HD5000, Antergos Linux (KDE)

I really hope, that you will render one 360 panoramic video of some of your ships. I would love to watch around your modelings with my GearVR, please!

I think what comes the camouflage, it is all about making icons of something we today think as "future" and "military". Nobody can build the "future spaceship". 3d-modeler's job is to create something that we think, that it is a future spaceship. That's why camouflage is very good choice I think. And those green shades also. Nobody thinks that in space some sort of green colored patterns would help you to hide in stars. Neither any other type of paintwork, but it is all about the image he wants to give for the people. Of course the future warships would be like pink colored also, but then you would not that easily get the idea that it is a warship.
    Last edited by ArMan; 05-Dec-16 at 20:24.
    It's not perfect, but good enuff.

Still plugging away on this. I've started work on the command deck of the freighter. Going to make this one modular so I can swap out parts for different ships.

In the modelling phase, still. But I've been texturing to get an idea as to materials. I think I went a little overboard with the dirtiness of the materials, so I'm cleaning them up a bit.

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	467353

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	467354

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	846.9 KB 
ID:	467355

Still have to flesh out the materials on the front floor section, of course. But hopefully this gives an idea

Hope everyone is doing well!

Dan

Very nice. Can already hear the "click-clack" sound coming off those keys on the consoles when it's manned.

If you double the amount of keys on there, you could put Blender on the screens =)
    New to BA.org and have a support question? Here's how to do that more effectively.

The Spinward Marches ........................... Star ... Bay-Zee-Yaee ........ Planet ... Frey-Noe
    Really nice job on the controls...
    I like the look...
    touch keys kind of a low tech look almost...
    as opposed to a touch screen...

Perhaps theres even a ergonomic reason for putting keys instead of delicate touch screens in a freighter... keeps the heavy handed users from damaging the sensitive equipment or something...

Anyway... my impression of your excellent work this go around...
    norvman | Sketchbook | https://vimeo.com/norvman/videos
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Name:	45.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	327.8 KB 
ID:	468634

Name:	46.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	468635

Name:	47.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	342.9 KB 
ID:	468636

Almost finished.

Hope everyone is doing okay

Dan

Awesome work, as always. The design of Nero's Fire is of particular interest to me, since I'm working on my own spaceship design for a navy corvette that's been retrofitted for general purpose private civilian use.
    3D hobbyist, with an interest in game design and filmmaking.

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast