Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridge

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm currently working on the issues you all brought up. Some quick answers:

The problem with the add-on not working after opening a new file is a problem that affects all add-ons that change the keymap. I'm talking with some other developers what the reason for this is, and how we can hopefully change it.
    At the moment the workaround is to disable and re-enable the add-on.

Richard Marklew: thanks for the video. The problem you experienced is that blender's default functionality is to fill the end faces. The script won't do anything if blender already changed the mesh (this is a security, because otherwise default functionality could disappear). I'll add an option to the script, so you can override the default behaviour.

sketcha: strange that you can't enable the script. Are you using the official Blender 2.54 build (rev 31878)? Does any error or warning show up in the console (on Windows that's the dos-like box that opens alongside Blender)

Michael W: no, it doesn't loft yet. I'll have to think of a way to detect which loops need to be connected to each other, though I've just tested it in Blender 2.4x and it seems that the old function could be easily fooled.
    I'll add the loft-function on my todo-list after bugfixing.

zeauro: I've just tried and after a few tries it did indeed go wrong. I'll investigate further.

I have disabled and re-enabled it many times now, even restarting Blender didn't fix it.

What I did was to enable the Dynamic spacebar menu addon and after that it stopped working. I've disabled the spacebar addon but Bridge will still not work for me.

NinthJake: strange, Dynamic Spacebar doesn't give any problems on my end with Bridge. In the next version of the Bridge add-on I'll change the registering a bit though, so hopefully that fixes things for you (at least make it work after disabling/re-enabling).
    I'll try to release a bugfix version of Bridge today or tomorrow.

Crouch, bring back the Knife Cut and you are my hero

Thanks for info on what is going on with the add-ons.

Originally Posted by Crouch View Post
    NinthJake: strange, Dynamic Spacebar doesn't give any problems on my end with Bridge. In the next version of the Bridge add-on I'll change the registering a bit though, so hopefully that fixes things for you (at least make it work after disabling/re-enabling).
    I'll try to release a bugfix version of Bridge today or tomorrow.
    That would be great, thanks.

I just got a new 2.54 build and it still won't work :P

Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post
    I have disabled and re-enabled it many times now, even restarting Blender didn't fix it.

What I did was to enable the Dynamic spacebar menu addon and after that it stopped working. I've disabled the spacebar addon but Bridge will still not work for me.
    NinthJake,

I had the same issue as you're having. When it wouldn't work with the new blend file I included it in my default settings, no luck.

I did get it to work when I disabled it in my preferences, saved my defaults again and then next time I opened a new file I enabled the add-on manually. You'll of course still have to enable everytime you open a new file but at least it will work in the meantime.

hope this works for you!

maybe not over-ride F_key but add it to the menu you get with CTRL + F_KEY ? I haven't tried it but it looks like a more elaborate beautify fill. being able to create faces with non equal vertices selected between the two meshes.

it looks neat, I'll try it out tomorrow when I have time and rebuild blender.

Originally Posted by comeinandburn View Post
    NinthJake,

I had the same issue as you're having. When it wouldn't work with the new blend file I included it in my default settings, no luck.

I did get it to work when I disabled it in my preferences, saved my defaults again and then next time I opened a new file I enabled the add-on manually. You'll of course still have to enable everytime you open a new file but at least it will work in the meantime.

hope this works for you!
    Tried that but it didn't work

Mysterious
    After installation and restart, my Addons panel is gone to nirvana

Can Surface-creation-retaining-tangent-from both side possible?This will also ask for amount loop cuts among the middle section.

Illustrated in the pic.

Here is the new version: Bridge 1.1.0
    Please remove the old version, before you install the new one.

The new version has some major changes.

• Lofting has been added! You can now select more than two loops and have them all be connected. (as requested by Michael W)
    • I've removed all the trouble with the hotkey and having to enable/disable/re-enable it. The bridge tool can now be found at the top of the Faces menu (as suggested by aermartin). So make your selection --> Ctrl+F --> Bridge. This should hopefully fix all the problems people have been experiencing with this.
    • The wrong way of connecting loops, as reported by zeauro, has been fixed (was a stupid mistake in the code).
    • By changing the way the tool is invoked, the behaviour Richard Marklew reported has also been fixed

The way of connecting faces is still not always right, but improvements will have to wait till after the weekend. If you have any suggestions or bugs, please let me know.

iamcreasy: That will be hard to implement. An old script of mine (LoopTools for Blender 2.4x) could influence the vertex locations based on the tangent of the mesh, but porting that is taking a lot of time.

Eheheh, I was about to ask about your beautiful LoopTools script.
    Keep up the good work Crouch!

@Crouch

is this the LoopTool that is for older version?
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=148728

Many thanks for this script.

Looking forward for this extra functionality.

cheers.

Wohoo! Now it works again. It even works in new scenes if you save it to defaults

So now it's time for some breaking

Nice work Crouch! glad to see Bridge tool back...

Would be nice a "Twist" option. Althought I guess this should be a tweak-option after the bridge was done. Would allow to fix "rotated" results. Don't know if tweak-options are easy to do in Python.

Here's how Modo does it:
    http://www.luxology.com/training/video.aspx?id=36

Keep it up, and thanks!

tungee welcome into my world! the happened last day again and again ...

Crouch great to see a good bridge script being done!!!
    3D Design Generalist - Faculty Industrial + Interior Design
    Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

hi,
    this really belongs in Blender add ons,
    let me know if you think it's ready.
    thanks

This should be implemented, so useful ... Thanks for sharing

Eclectiel: very interesting video. It has given me some ideas and a Twist-option is next on the to-do list. After that will be the possibility to alter the number of segments (and perhaps even interpolation method, which would make iamcreasy happy).

Meta-Androcto: please don't move it to trunk yet. There are some big changes in the code coming up. I'll let you know when it's stable and ready for inclusion in release.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast