Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bridge

Nevermind, I just got another built that came already with Bridge

JDL

very nice, thanks for sharing...

There were some changes in the api recently, which made the script not show up properly anymore in the add-ons window. This was fixed in the projects tracker, but I forgot to post a message in here.

So the latest version is 1.4.7 and it can be found on this page.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Help please!!

Originally Posted by Crouch View Post
    There were some changes in the api recently, which made the script not show up properly anymore in the add-ons window. This was fixed in the projects tracker, but I forgot to post a message in here.

So the latest version is 1.4.7 and it can be found on .
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Great Script!! it really helped me a lot, however i got blender 2.56 and when i install it, it doesn't show in addons window, i try to reinstall it, tells me it's already installed and.. IM STUCK!! can you helme on this one?

If you don't update blender to a most recent revision with API changes, you don't have to update script.

Just use previous version of the script until you update your version of blender to 2.57, for example.

zeauro is correct, version 1.4.7 of the bridge script is for current SVN versions of Blender. For Blender 2.56 you need an older version of the script. You can view all versions here.
    You probably need the version of November 20th for Blender 2.56 (though I haven't tested that).

Thanks a lot!! that was a quick response!! really really thank you,i installed it, and it worked like charm.
    now, this will sound noob (which is what i am, cant deny it ... yet), but where can i get blender 2.57? i've browsing and cant find it, all i get is 2.56 everywhere, hope you can help me on this one.

There is no 2.57, yet.
    I did not explain myself correctly.
    Last version of script should work with next official release of blender. 2.57 should be released next month.

You can find snapshots of blender development, last revisions at graphicall.org

Oh, thank you very much for clearing that one up, i spent i while searching in vain , thanks again for the quick answer!!

Hey Crouch,

I noticed a possible bug in the bridge tool (1.4.7) where one end of a tube fills correctly but the opposite end causes issues.

Using the reverse function fixes this but i was wondering if this was expected behaviour as it seems to be a very simple bridge (at least from a modellers point of view :P) and identical to the opposite side that worked perfectly.

You can get the .blend HERE and watch a video HERE
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by metalliandy; 17-Mar-11 at 10:32.

yep, downloaded your file and i get the same thing. Interestingly if you slightly rotate the model (in edit mode) before applying the second bridge things work out, but the edges don't align.
    Last edited by zeffii; 17-Mar-11 at 10:50.

Thanks for testing mate
    I find that i get misalignment quite often but the twist sorts it out. Most of the bridging i do is pretty straight forward (connecting identical numbers of verts) so its not a big pain really,though it would be great if everything worked out first time :P
    Even so, i love the twist, reverse, segments etc. options as they add a great amount of versatility to the tool

I'll look into it.
    I'm currently working on integrating the Bridge add-on into the LoopTools script, so I'm already busy with it.

I've been getting a lot of questions recently why the add-on isn't working in Blender 2.56a. So I'll try to take away the confusion in this post.

The latest version (1.4.7) of the add-on was written for current SVN builds of Blender. Because of changes in the python api, this version of the add-on is incompatible with Blender 2.56a. For Blender 2.56a you need to use an older version of the add-on, version 1.4.5.

To make things clearer I've added download links to both versions on the script's homepage. If there are still questions, feel free to ask them.

This is absolutely great Couch, great work.

The Bridge script has been integrated into the LoopTools add-on. This means that further development on Bridge will happen within LoopTools, so I'd recommend using that add-on (which also contains several other interesting modelling tools). I hope people will find this to be an improvement.

You can read more about it here.

@Crouch,
    I just realized that you do not consider a single isolated vertex as loop ... so, if you have e.g. a circle and select a vertex and ONE connected edge-line
    Bridge does not generate anything, though this is an easy configuration, isn't it? Or do I miss something, what needs to be 'activated'?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678