Our Eternal Cosmic Requiem

Something new in blender after a lengthy break, I hope you enjoy!

Our Eternal Cosmic Requiem

Attachments

Did you use an orthographic camera?

I never see something like this.

Saludos
adié

It seems to me very original and beautyful. And it opens a new world in terms of Blender renderings.
The only detail i don’t like is that you can see some of the planets behind the middle line of the branches, which is imho distracting, but it seems a choice, not an error. I think this work would show nice in almost every art gallery. Do you have any other work of yours to show?

Very nice image ! :slight_smile: If it were not for the luminosity of the highlights it would look as if it was done in watercolors!

I never see something like this.

5 stars. Always nice to see abstract and surreal scenes. Great work.

Very original and inspiring. 5 stars.

Can we see some wires? Also any insight as to how you created the partitioned look?

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Wireframe: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6387/wirez.jpg

The partitioning was done using loopcuts along desired edges, and deleting the center of the loop to seperate the mesh, example: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8364/loopcut.jpg

Very, very good use of the medium! Original, and carries well the feel of a painting and sculpture brought together into a distinctly stylized render!

I put another vote for Gallery!

There is no question in my mind that this should be in the gallery immediately.

This is artwork … realized using a purely digital medium … and it very creative, very original stuff. I was both surprised by it, and visually challenged by it, before I settled down to admire it.

I did not particularly try to admire “its digital execution.” Instead, I admired it.

Well done.

Thanks for the info. I hope this makes the gallery and the banner :slight_smile:

I noticed that this isn’t in the gallery yet. This is a really inspiring piece and makes me want to work on something similar when I have more time. Isn’t that the point of the gallery, to get people working in Blender?

Also, I would like to see a series of similar pieces.

Thanks a ton!, It’s really awesome to hear the positive feedback!

We’ll see, maybe if I have some time :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah !

we are one with the universe, and the universe is us !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Grats on the banner, very nice piece :eyebrowlift:

Really, cool. If I hadn’t known this was done in Blender, I would have never guessed 3D art. It almost looks like it was sculpted in clay. It’s almost tribal looking. Very original.

Mattimus, congratulations!
I like the concept, but in my opinion it would work better with slightly broken symmetry.
show more of this sort
migius

Reminds me of the spaghetti monster.

“rAmen…”

Congrats on the banner! Nice work :smiley: