Team Project: Fandango

Greetings. A small team from Blender Artists has formed with intent to complete a small project, Fandango. The purpose of this thread is to contain content works in progress for the Fandango Project. Our team is currently composed of:

• 3Dementia
  • Levisarts
  • Robo3Dguy
  • BossTrain (aka. Adam White)

Place holder for periodic project updates

Shuttle craft, feedback very much welcomed.

Attachments

That’s an interesting design. It looks cool.

Is this going to be like a short film? Any plot details?

The main section of the shuttle looks like it could use some more rivets or something. Just looks a little too plain there.

O.o Feed back is needed… This character will not be in the project he is just a test!
But since we are showing stuff thought i would show something have been working on as well. ~.o So with out further ado. I give you…Wait for it…Ta dah RoboCop!

Attachments

Yes it will be a short film.

The screenplay/story is being written, this project is still in its infancy. It is obviously going to be sci-fi/fantasy and set in the future. We have a great story, almost too great, right now we are in the process of scaling it down, and making it more reasonable.

Our main character is female (How creative! Hasn’t that been done?) but that is where the similiarites with Sintel end. We are appealing to the other side of the teenage boy’s mind, the part that likes spaceships, robots, and alien creatures. Oops, I’ve said too much.

finally somebody came up with a normal time to set a movie in. looking forward to it

Thanks! Aye, I agree, I’m just struggling to determine how much I manage with textures vs. modelling. I was also considering perhaps a turret or something. See, like Humvees have guns, shuttles maybe need some basic measures too, I’m not sure… Some pew-pew be fun :smiley:

Some ground i have been working on.

Top view looking down.

Attachments

The textures on those rocks look really stretched. As for the formations themselves, they may work although they look a little bit too connected. Most rock formations would probably not have such smooth transitions and might actually be separate rocks with fissures here and there or inductions (inductions? don’t remember if that’s the right term) But it looks decent depending on how close up you’re planning to use it for or you might consider going in at it in sculpt mode and getting some geology and geological formation reference photos.

this looks interesting… i think i’ll follow :stuck_out_tongue:

Story concepts on inter-stellar travel for project Fandango:

Engineering illustration showing the design of an IGD (Inter-stellar Gravitational Drive) Mark II (a Gravitational Drive):

http://letsmakeafilm.com/MiscFiles/GravDriveAnimMkII_3.gif

To read the science and engineering behind it http://letsmakeafilm.com/?page_id=24

Feel free to comment or shoot holes in it. Again, all comments are welcomed (even if not constructive) regarding the idea.

Still working on these rocks. And i agree with Consideringthepickle On the stretch and the cracks. But this is mostly test using many stencil maps with material nodes. And i think it worked out pretty well. This video has some jumping textures because i Time remapped it in after effects and it is trying to fill in frames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZUAoeQkn8

I am finally done writing the basic script. Now I get to draw stuff too!!!

Lander Concept

Just one design idea of many.

Attachments

C.A.T.E. (Cable Assisted Terrain Equalizer)

Version 1.0

Very simple at this point. My first model in 2.5.

Attachments

Have you considered putting it on Wreck-A-Movie?

Wow I checked the wreck_a_movie site and it looks pretty awesome. We might be signing on to that soon.

Sorry, forgot to post this yesterday, a grav-drive on a ship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC0TxSM93h0

Prolly toss this one out but still fun to show.

EDIT: wreck-a-movie looks good… would help with some things we’re struggling with some too me thinks.

Nice, congrats to the Materia team! wreck-a-movie uses them in their show reel!

Well this will be the last of these rocks. The material is done now i have to resculpt Something more realistic.

Attachments

The pictures you posted so far look really good, especially the rocks :slight_smile:
Goodluck with your short film!