I don't think so, but I really hope so: exporters...

I was wondering if there were any plugins out there that can export Blenders armatures and animation… no meshes or influence (muscles) or anything like that… just the skeleton + animation. I just started with animating in Blender today (for animating, I had only used milkshape3d once before), and I found those IK solvers just so damn great :o :o !!! [!]
they’re an amazing help for fast and realistic animation of organic objects…

Now if I only could export those animations to, for example, the .X filetype, I would be able to animate with Blender for games too…

please say it’s possible :expressionless:

thanx,

• Bentagon

why not doing games in blender? :stuck_out_tongue:

there are no plugins, but there may be some scripts. check out the python section in the forum, there’s a sticky you may find useful.

I belive bigger companies doing games for consoles need the .X or other special file formats.

@solmax: I want to put one of my models in UT2k3 with decent animations :wink:
and plugins and scripts are the same thing… I don’t recall any “real” plugins for blender…

@arangel: I know, but that doesn’t matter. The most important thing is that I can export the skeleton/animations in something else then Blender. When this is done, there are enough programs to convert the skeleton/animations into the most appropriate filetype :slight_smile:

• Bentagon