Blender import MakeHuman

Hello, I am trying to get Blender to import a MakeHuman character. One method I know of is to export the model in collada format. Then import it into blender using the collada 1.4 importer. This doesn no seem to work. So I tried downloading a .mhx script for Blender. Unfortunately there are so mmany different versions to download. All don’t seem to work except for version 3. It imports the moodel but jas no armature or texture. Please help I don’t know what else to do, other than download Blender 2.5. 2.5 has a built in mhx script. But I’m not a huge fan of 2.5 especially for game design. Thanks.

Use 2.5 to import the makehuman file.
Save your .blend file and open it in 2.49.

This workflow pattern will work in the future as the 2.5 script keeps up with the development of MakeHuman.

I used makehuman1-0-0_alpha1_win32 getting en obj as well as an bhv, both importable into Bl 2.55 SVN >=33030
the armature has to be scaled a factor of 10 to fit the mesh :wink:

will that work? Usually it can’t go backwards.

I will give that a shot, cause when I tried I didn’t see the armature. So you import the obj and then import the bvh?

what first is imported does not matter (but the armature is VERY small, therefore I scaled it: S 10 LMB)

alright thanks, so bvh is the armature or is the armature also in with the obj?

No only in bvh is the (tiny but complete) armature.

Ok thank you for all your help I will give it a try later…

Ok so I am having a hard time getting the armature to link with the model. I imported the model (options were set for the model to not be seperated at all). Then imported the bvh armature. Moved and sized into correct position. Then selected the model and added armature modifier. Clicked apply and nothing. It is still not linked together

PARENTING is the good way to do (and choose for automatic!)

nvm thank you for your help. I just reread your earlier post about whip option to chose

delete

I just followed all of this. I’m parenting the obj to the armature, and it seems like only some of the points are being applied, instead of all of them. Am I missing something?

You have to match the size of the bones to the ‘human’ and put it into the mesh.
If not all is as you want (an automat!), then you have to learn how to use ‘Waight Painting’

After having clicked on ‘Waight Painting’ chose the differnt bones and you see what they ‘effect’
red 100% blue 0% relation (I think)…

You got it right

Thanks. I remember that now.

Okay - I don’t speak German - but this youtube video shows how to import the makehuman file into Blender. I’ve followed it, but not very far. Does anybody know about this technique?

From alpha51 Windows I get this ouput directory:
㩃啜敳獲停瑥牥䑜捯浵湥獴＀�貰ɞ歰ƍ�� ???
How to get rid of this? Where is it hidden?

And how to circumvent this error:
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can’t find encoding