Jimmy need help!!

Hey everyone,
I’m trying to make a “city level” for a game, but I can’t find good textures for the building’s ‘faces’. The level is at nightime, so the lights and everything would be on.

Please help… I’ve been searching for hours…

you’ll probably need to make your own textures - try googling for “city night building” or something similar, find some good pictures of buildings, correct perspective in photoshop/gimp, et voila - custom textures for your level. as you said - continue the research :wink:

There’s a textures thread in here somewhere and in there there’s a link to a huge library called “photoreal” or something similar. It’s got all sorts of textures in there that I think you could use.

Here’s how I have been doing buildings lately:

1. Get or make a tilable brick or cement texture
  2. Go into blender and fashion a window frame. Render it with a solid color for background
  3. Go into photoshop, and open both pictures
  4. Select by color range, the background of your window frame, and invert selection
  5. apply colors, texture effects, whatever to the window frame, then use the magic wand tool, and shift, to select the inner portions of your window frame where the glass would be, and add some diagonal airbrush strokes, combined with a slight glow, and some filters and stuff.
  6. Select the background again by color range, and again invert selection
  7. Use the move tool to drag your selection over top of your tilable brick or cement texture.

Here’s an example:
http://home.att.net/~yorik/DangerBoy/windowexp1.jpg