"Freeing" dupilcates

Hi again, folks!

It looks like I haven’t understood the IPOS concept completely yet. I have a group of three meshes and linked them together in a parent-child group. When I now move the parent, the children follow just as expected.

Next I set up the keyframes for the group and everything animates as I want it to. Now I want three more of those groups to animate differently. So, I switch to frame 1, use Shift+D to create the duplicates and move them to the start positions. I even assign each of them a location keyframe, but once I move to another frame they all disappear and don’t show up even if I switch back to frame 1.

I suspect that they still have the IPOS data of the original group and move with it.

Is there a way to “free” them from the original group?

BTW: I’m using Blender 2.32.

See ya,

Axel/Anterion

yea, it could happen that on or MORE objects share the same IPO. to make each object a so called “single user” simply press UKEY in the 3dview and press “Object and ObjData”.

Tried… no luck :-?

Duplicated the group, made the copy and the original single user, but as soon as I change the animation frame, the duplicates seem to vanish.

well, even after making the ipo single user the duplicates still share the same location. to prevent this go to the preferences, select “edit methods” and click on the IPO-Button in the “Duplicate with object” group.

http://www.brainiacs.at/ressources/blender/edit.jpg

hope this helps

marin

Ahhh… That’s seems to be it :smiley:

Thanks a lot!!!