DAta rate combination porblems

I have a set of 8 .avi’s uncompressed and rendered through Blender, the first four were modled in v2.31a, the other 4 in 2.32. When I render them, no matter which version I render them from, the first four have a data rate of 49152kbps, and the last four a data rate of 46080kbps. Neither Jasc Animation Shop 3 nor VirtualDub will alow me to combine these into one file, only two sets of four. Virtual Dub gives me the error "“Cannot append segment “[path]”: The video streams have different data formats.” while Jasc just crashes when I try to save.

What can I do? Will I have to re-modle one set in another version of Blender, or is there an option I can change?

For AVI raw, the data rate solely depends on the resolution of each frame, so unless the resolution is difference between the sections, I don’t see what the problem could be.

Martin

Also, make sure you’re using RGB or RGBA and the same frame rate for all of the animations. I’m not sure if blender saves in RGBA uncompressed AVI files or not, but if it does that could also affect your data rates.

I don’t think standard AVI supports an alpha channel. Maybe with some weird codec that would encode it in the video stream, but that’s just a supposition.

Martin

The first set has has a frame rate of 320x256, the second, 640x480. Thanks guys!

[EDIT] The sounds i’m using are at different data rates, so I can’t combine them anyway…