Where are the Worlds Blender Users??

We want to know where you are, and it is sooo easy. Just reply to this thread and

1. Tell us your name:

2,. Where you are (Town, State/Region and Country)

That is it! Check yourself out onthe mapwithin 24 hours for accuracy and start communicating with your local network of blender people.

We have a team of volunteers wanting (and waiting) to get you mapped up in a blendered world. If you change your details, not a problem - let us know. this is a solid thread, keep going,

Hope to see loads and lots and lots of entries,

Happy blendering
http://blenderartists.org/home/dt/Desktop/Blenderusersworldmap_20110323

Edit - Added.

same as ben. Would love know if there is more Adelaide blender heads, i have only seen one use it who i dont even know he was using 2.49 at tafe

OK I added mine, but just to make things clear this is my Australian address, I live between Australia and Japan, so sometimes not at home. 大変けど頑張るしかないでしょう!:eek:

Added myself in (obviously, not to the door)

ummm how do i add myself

–Added, behaves strangly in FF4b11 ----

Added myself as well

The issue with this map is that you need a (free) google account / gmail / etc to add yourself. Not a huge issue I suppose because it is pretty straight forward after that.

1. log in to gmail / google account / etc
  2. view the map
  3. a button will appear in the top right of the left info panel, above the list of names, labelled Edit.
  4. after clicking that, three extra icons appear at the top left of the map window, click the blue placemark tab - place it - enter details - click ok.

That should be it, I think it autosaves after adding the tab.

I’ve submitted for a post at Blendernation under community news - we’ll see what happens.

I don’t have a google account, but i live in brisbane(qld). Is it possible for someone else to add that in?

edit
Sam M - I’ve done that. Why didn’t I think of that? Now it is soooo easy… (if you don’t want to open a google account)…simply tell me your location here, and I’ll add it there

thanks radiant. we need to get more people on this map. any ideas?

Added! I think this is an awesome idea :smiley:

I want to post this on Blender Guru, but I want to make it international so that everyone can participate. Could we change the name to ‘Blender Users Worldwide’?

It would be interesting to see where all the blender users are in the world :slight_smile:

Thanks Andrew. the idea was not mine, it was Ben Dansie who mentioned the map and showed me one that was created by another Ben from and for the UK.

Thanks for mapping in. I’ve changed the name to a worldwide map, and hopefully, people will see there are fellow users just around the corner, so they can meet face-to-face, form user groups and get support, inspiration, advice and instant feedback which I don’t think one can get on-line.

Or ya’ll might meet up and think - well this wasn’t worth the three hour drive…

See the link of what i’m planning to do for Sydney at

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183360&page=2

Cheers

Map link is

deleted 'cos it was ‘no sense’

Meulebeke , Belgium

Added myself :slight_smile:

Richmond, Virginia, USA

Added myself after a little struggle with context menu overlaying on top of each other.

Cool idea, added myself.