Page 833 of 833 FirstFirst ... 333733783823831832833
Results 16,641 to 16,652 of 16652

Thread: Brecht's easter egg surprise: Modernizing shading and rendering

Also on the sampling improvements, Brecht has posted on the dev. site that he might consider implementing this new paper from Sony (which gives tremendous improvement in scenes with many lights as well as mesh lights). There's also another option can be done fairly quickly, which is implement BPT's all-light sampling for regular tracing.

Link
    https://developer.blender.org/T52725#460762
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Charlie

ArtRage for Art EnergyXT for Music Blender for 3D

How come Brecht working on Cycles, is he no longer at Autodesk?
    Last edited by tyrant monkey; 22-Sep-17 at 08:28.
    I have 500 bad drawings in me before the good ones. And I have 319 to go, here they are.

redundant text.posting #16645 clarifies it.
    Last edited by myclay; 22-Sep-17 at 09:08. Reason: redundant text -posting #16645 clarifies it.

I still work on Arnold, but only part time. I just have a bit more free time now for Cycles.

Great news actually, just-in-time for 2.8 .... maaaaybe? I think we need your [Brecht] eyes and minds on project likes Eevee and Nodification of Everything.

How you solved materials back in 2.5 days for Cycles with both nodes and a property stack is one of the cleanest solutions I've seen for a node based system.

It' kinda caters to both types of artists, they who want absolute control and freedom of nodes. And those who just wanna add stuff quickly and change properties values in the property panel.

@Brecht thanks for replying
    I have 500 bad drawings in me before the good ones. And I have 319 to go, here they are.

Originally Posted by aermartin View Post
    How you solved materials back in 2.5 days for Cycles with both nodes and a property stack is one of the cleanest solutions I've seen for a node based system.

It' kinda caters to both types of artists, they who want absolute control and freedom of nodes. And those who just wanna add stuff quickly and change properties values in the property panel.
    Technically, Cycles was introduced early on in the 2.6x days, not 2.5x.

Nice to see that Brecht has more time for Cycles at least (and is allowed to do that while he continues his work on Arnold). I guess Autodesk sees Arnold as far enough ahead of Cycles that they can afford to let him do that (as it would be no threat to their bottom line).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

You are probably right, 2.5 seems so long time ago already.

I think that's a bit hats of to ADSK, to be one of the "cool" companies that doesn't see it as a conflict of interests. I like such companies, that lets you work on their stuff 9-5 then just considers it great that the employees spend their own time basically doing the same but on passions projects.

Just helps everyone evolve faster.

You really think things goes that way?

_ yes. _
    Last edited by aermartin; 23-Sep-17 at 10:15.

Brecht might be allowed to work on Cycles but it's pretty likely he's under an NDA that prohibits him using any of Solid Angle's proprietary tech in Cycles.