Robot Gaiden 3000X 2/3% - ToJam Sixy Times

Hey everyone!

First off, this isn’t the long term game I’ve been working on, this was something I made in 3 days at an event called ToJam (Toronto Game Jam). The game, I thought, is worth showing so I decided to post it! Yay!

Little boy:
Luca, aren’t you going to talk about the gameplay?!

Luca:
Sure little boy, don’t you worry, here’s a lollipop.

The game is basically a high-score top-down shooter. You play as a robot that kills other robots. You get items and gun upgrades.
Also, I’m going to say this right now, if you do not play many PC games that involve WASD or arrow keys, you’re going to have trouble.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=12622
You’re the grey robot in the middle :slight_smile:

Gimmick:
The gimmick is simple… The keys change, and they start to change at a faster and faster rate. Don’t worry, I have made key groups for the keys, so it won’t be like, A = Right, C = Left, O = Down and Home = Up, it’s not really random, all the keys are basically beside each other, so it’s very easy to figure it out.

The spawn rate of the enemy robots doesn’t increase, but they do start to gather up in big numbers and it starts to become very hard at around 500 - 1000 points.

Controls:
Silly… Didn’t you just read the gimmick of the game? The controls are shown at the top left of the in game screen.

The Items:
The stop watch item thing, that just increase the the interval of time that your keys change, everything else should be self-explanatory once you obtain the time.

Other:
When the screen flashes green, the keys will change in around 3 seconds, so it’s a warning.
When the screen flashes some kind of noise, it’s just sometimes to show you got hit… hehe

Download Information:
I don’t know how many of you still use Blender 2.49b, so I’m just going to release a .exe. Sorry Linux and Mac (I think) users… Ask me if you want the .blend, otherwise, I’ll leave it as a .exe.

I’m ignorant and I don’t know how to add the python 2.6 .dlls to the .exe, so install python 2.6 version to play. <3 Please? I’ll give you a cookie. :slight_smile:

Here’s the .exe with all it’s glory, I’ll see if I can make it so you don’t need to install python 2.6, if anyone could help me with that, that would be great, and I’ll give you a mango :smiley:

Robot Gaiden

Oh yeah, I used Blender 2.49b because I’m an idiot and thought that the latest release of Blender 2.5 couldn’t make a runtime…

I got the music from YoFrankie and another website… I robot to put the credits in the .zip so he-ar:
credits:

Textures like 1 thing:
“One or more textures on this map have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default. Please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.”

Sounds:
Freesound.org - fonogeno

© copyright Blender Foundation | apricot.blender.org

Everything else:
Linkxgl (Luca Duran)

Enjoy… I hope!
Linkxgl

bump… Just want some feedback :slight_smile:

I ve tried to play the game for about 5 minutes and not a single robot chased me, and the screen is kind of small, I m at 1920 x1080 so, for me its just a tinny thing on the center.
Sorry I coundt play it to tell you what I think about the game.

oh, I think it’s because you don’t have python 2.6.1 installed :slight_smile: If there are any errors in the console please tell me, and if you know how to add the python 2.6.1 .dlls into the .exe that would be extremely helpful.

maybe is because of that, my computer doesnt recognize python i dont know why, because I have python installed here.
I ll try on other pc later.