Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Hmm, for some reason the Addon works for me with a single image...
    I will have to investigate that issue a bit further;

By the way, I have collected all my blender addons including this one (which is of course not created by me, but I am contributing to it ) to a git repository which is found here:
    https://wilecoyote2015.github.io/Blender_Addons/

The project page is quick and dirty and a more or less documentation will be added!

It seems like the version on your github is not particularly useful since it contains errors and doesn't handle multiple strips. Also the interface doesn't fit into the blender work flow quite well and in my opinion there are too many unnecessary options which are confusing.

I spent the last days writing my own version doing it the way I think is the most practical. The composite strip is added from the "Add Effect Strip" menu and gets a default name and is automatically created at the first fitting channel just as other effect strips. The "Switch to compositing" Button is only shown for the resulting composite strip. Composite scenes for single strips copy the hard and soft cuts from the original strip, multiple strips are always hard cut. My version also takes image sequences starting at a higher index into account. I also added some presets for keying, face pixelization and transitions.

What I did not figure out yet is how to create proxies for scenes. How and for which blender versions is that possible? Another thing I want to add is a shortcut for mask creation for the keying and pixelization.

Here is the repository: https://github.com/Salatfreak/VSEAddOns

Bug reports welcome!

Quick mask editing is now included. I still have no idea how to use proxies for scenes.

Sunboy's version explicitly removed the multiple strip option, so its no surprise that you can't do that.

Proxy generation only occurs for external referenced media. Otherwise how would Blender know you've made a change and that it should update the proxy images. I know that in other NLEs there must be a change list that will place rendered segments offline when they are altered. In Avid this takes the entire clip offline while in Final Cut you only loose the portion that has the change.

In Blender 2.76 on, you can create proxies from scene strips and you can use other scene Sequencer output as a source.

Additionally it would be really nice in Blender to recreate Rendered Strips:
    1. define region to render and split any contributing strips, then copy
    2. create a new VSE scene and paste in the copied strips
    3. load the newly created scene as a strip in the original VSE timeline and generate a proxy.

OF course this is the same thing that happens with send to compositor as well. Depending on speed of your system, some compositor effects can almost play realtime, so it would be super handy to be able to scale ALL scenes dimensions to allow faster playback. The problem with this is that Blender does not do scaling effects in a relative manner. Rather it uses fixed values, same goes for translation or move effects etc. You would have to make a master driver that integrates these different values as a percentage of dimensions instead.
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

I know that he took it out but I think that it would be the most useful thing about the add-on. What I would like to do with the add-on is manually rendering the scene and using the result as the proxy. How do I use another scenes (or render) output as the scenes proxy?

Couldn't one realize the rendered strips part with groups with proxy as well if one could trick blender into showing a proxy for groups?

For faster playback I would love the manual proxy creation.

Have you tried my add-on? What do you think about the usability?

vse proxy.jpg

Simply select the strip and scroll down its properties to turn on Proxy, then press Rebuild Proxy and Timecode Indices. To see the result you have to be watching in Proxy mode (VSE preview window properties). You cannot use this proxy render for the final export unless you move the image sequence out to your media folder, as they may get deleted by Blender.

Does it actually render the strip for you? I have tried it with the latest blender version on Ubuntu and Manjaro and "Rebuild Proxy and Timecode Indices" has never done anything for scenes. Videos and Images work perfectly though.

You gave me the idea to add the resolution percentage property to my strip panel. Also I added a driver for the pixel size of pixelization. It already runs much smoother if reduced to 25%. Maybe if you like my version you could make a video about it as well once it is ready. Your videos called my attention to the topic in the first place

I added a similar script to my repository which instead of creating a compositing scene creates a 3D scene with textured planes. That allows quick 3D transitions, transformations, explode effects and so on. Also I added an add-on for text scene creation and rendering and the well known transform script from kgeogeo & DoubleZ. The next thing I'm planing is an add-on for quick image stabilization.

I love the cleanup you did in the scripts !!
    Also love the transform3d
    and tried the text addon, but seems window layout got messed up at some point ... need some more testing.

Compositing now works again with images.

Thanks

Quick image stabilise would be really useful. The annoying thing at the moment is selecting the range of the movie clip that you want to track. It can be challenging to isolate the part that is being used in the VSE. So setting up the frame range from the used clip on the timeline would be very helpful.

@titanium: I have implemented it on Linux and didn't test or fix it on Windows yet. I have a pretty long list of things to fix but the semester just started and the mail delivery lost my notebook.

@3pointEdit: My idea was to allow multiple tracks at independent frames to work together smoothly, to build automatic feature detection for the whole tracking range and implementing a feature that doesn't keep one point fixed but just smooths the movement. Also I want to apply it to video or transform strips instead of having the compositor in between.

One of my main problems is identifying strips. By now I used an integer property as a UUID but that is copied when copying or cutting strips and is therefore not unique anymore. I think I will have to keep track with all the strips and update them after every input event
    Do you have any better suggestions?

Hmm, do inactive tracker/markers contribute to current frame active ones? Also check out http://easy-logging.net for strip metadata

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617