Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    animani, what does the error say?

RuntimeError: class WM_OT_enhanced_3d_cursor_registration, function modal: incompatible return value , str(, Function.result expected a set, not a NoneType)

The funny thing is I lose the current setting for my 3D cursor shortcuts and when I try to activate it by checking the item box it reverts back to uncheck. I mean I can see it unchecking. Is this something that should be happening?
    Last edited by animani; 27-Jan-17 at 06:25.

animani, you have a very old version of the addon. Install the latest one.
    Deactivation of the default cursor shortcut is indeed the intended behavior (since the addon is supposed to "override" the default operator).

Do I have an old version? I got it from here:

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-e...d_3d_cursor.py

Is that the latest? I copied that link from your first post where it says its the latest.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Blender at some point has switched to a different repository, and I changed the link in the wiki, but completely forgot about the first post here. Sorry
    I edited the first post, it now points to my repository at github.

Ah yeah that happens sometimes I thought that would be the case. Thanks!

Darcvizer, does the error appear every time you try to move the cursor, or only when certain objects are present in the scene?
    Can you share the file you were working with?

It was the only time.
    The error was only on the object from the whole scene and I deleted it from it.
    I can send the file but there's already no this error.

I see. If the error appears again (and is reproducible), feel free to send me the corresponding file :-)

Originally Posted by dairin0d View Post
    I see. If the error appears again (and is reproducible), feel free to send me the corresponding file :-)
    This is absolutely brilliant I want this in blender trunk xD

There is a problem with addon when you restart blender its not working even if its enabled. Only way to make it work again is disable and enable addon again which is pain to do everytime you restart.
    Last edited by fiendish55; 26-May-17 at 10:55.

I thought it was already. I don't remember downloading it but I do remember it being in my /program files/blender/ directory.
    I'm using version 2.79 now and it was missing, so I figure it's either currently going to be removed (like several other addons), or it's supposed to be re-added later

Anyway, I was thinking that I'd probably want to use this addon again but after testing it a bit, I found out that it doesn't work with empties/proxies. The regular cursor detects them but this doesn't see them as meshes or whatever, so I can't use it.

I just found out that Ctrl+Shift+A [Make Duplicates Real] can be used to make real proxy-copies and it creates meshes that work with this.

Additionally, with proxies you can only use the character/rig once, and all copies will copy the same animation/pose, whereas with Real ones they can be individual models, and all the other proxy things still work, like refreshing mesh/rigs.

Not sure if this has come up, but I've had issues for ages with Blender's autosave feature. Today I found this reddit post that suggested this addon may cause issues with autosave.

I had the addon installed but not enabled (in 2.79), but deleted it anyway, and Lo! autosave works again! I think it was v2.9.8 that I had installed. May want to check into this behaviour as it's a bit of a nasty side-effect.
    My animated music video for the Marphoi Project: King of Majesty
    Bullet-based physics marble machine animation: Sisyphus Engine No.1
    My latest showreel

I'm not saying it "doesn't" interfere with saves but I "do" have auto saves.

Sometimes my files aren't auto saving but AFAIK it's always because I opened them using the Asset Management Addon. I can't say that every time it's happened was because of that, but every time I crashed and went looking for the trusty save, only to find it didn't save, I also happened to remember that I opened something from the AM addon \_(ツ)_/

Hammers, do you mean "auto save every N minutes", "make a copy of previously-saved file when manually saving", or something else? For me, the first variant doesn't seem to work at all (even if I use a vanilla Blender without extra addons), and the second variant works even with my addons enabled.
    Either way, for an addon to affect things just by being installed (and not even enabled) is very weird. Thanks for letting me know, but I'm afraid I have no idea where the problem may be.

Thanks for the replies. Further tests have now shown that autosave (i.e. autosave every n minutes in system prefs) is again not working. It did work for a session after uninstalling the addon, but now not working again. I do have Asset Management, but don't think I've seen a link with sessions where I've used it. Hmmm. It's a feature that I love having, when I need it. But sadly it is very unreliable. Ah well, sorry for probably pointing the finger unnecessarily.
    My animated music video for the Marphoi Project: King of Majesty
    Bullet-based physics marble machine animation: Sisyphus Engine No.1
    My latest showreel

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011