Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I was so frustrated with this script a few minutes because there where not a lot of control in the properties like the cursor control addon... then I realized you just have to drag it... !!! It is absolutely a game changer for working with curves...! THANK YOU..!

Hmm, I guess someone can make a video-tutorial... My spoken English is very bad (and I never made tutorials), so it's better left to someone good at it :-)

Nice tool but should i get this on RMB/LMB hold: ??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the bug info :-) Looks like your scene has some objects with zero scale or coinciding axes; I forgot to handle such case.

BTW, cursor dragging seems to not work in recent Blender builds.
    Last edited by dairin0d; 17-Jan-12 at 17:08.

Hi,

With your addon, I have this Traceback with my Blender 2.61 rev 43260 win 32bx86 de bat3a [Graphicall]:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Patrick\Downloads\BlenderFoundation\BLEN DER\2.61_trunk-rev43260\2.61\scripts\addons_contrib\cursor_contro l\memory.py", line 248, in cursor_memory_draw
    p1 = Vector(cc.savedLocation)
    TypeError: mathutils.Vector(): sequence index 1 expected a number, found 'dict' type,"

and I can't take and move the cursor, it's fixed at the center of the world!

Thanks in advance for your help, please.
    Regards
    Spirou4D
    Words are Images that loosed Light!
    Linux Mint 18.1 Serena Bi-Quad Intel 2.66Ghz x64Bytes - Nvidia OpenGL GT 630 4Go-vram

Spirou4D, seems like you're having trouble not with mine, but with seminumerical's "Cursor Control" addon... I suppose you should ask him (http://blenderpythonscripts.wordpress.com/) for help :-)

By the way, due to the change of Blender's matrix representation my addon was broken. A fix can be downloaded from here: sourceforge.net/p/blender-cursor/code-0/15/tree/trunk/space_view3d_enhanced_3d_cursor.py?format=raw (I hope I'll find time soon to submit it it to SVN)

Ok, Thanks for your reply.
    But you avn't changed the number of the fix version? 2.80? Mine was too version 2.80!

EDIT: Very well! All is ok now with your fix, my cursor run everywhere but you must changed for everybody to 2.81 for no doute, please.

Very good job, your addon!
    Congratulations.
    Patrick Depoix
    Architect
    Last edited by Spirou4D; 17-Jan-12 at 19:34.
    Linux Mint 18.1 Serena Bi-Quad Intel 2.66Ghz x64Bytes - Nvidia OpenGL GT 630 4Go-vram

Ehh... I often forget to change version numbers accordingly ^^"
    I'm planning to do a big rewrite, perhaps several weeks later. The code is badly structured right now, so I want to tackle all issues when I make it more easily maintainable.

Uploaded to contrib SVN! https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-e...d_3d_cursor.py
    New blender builds would be likely to contain the fixed addon from now on.

Greaaaaat Congratulations! I love it above all other addons!
    Spirou4D
    Last edited by Spirou4D; 19-Jan-12 at 21:03.

Me too... Its great!
    I have a suggestion if you are open for proposals to make it even better?
    I know it is not in direct relation with positioning the 3D cursor but I had a conversation a while back on the ability to add a "transformation orientation" (global, local, normal, custom etc.) which points towards the 3D cursor.

It would help in any case where you just need to have a custom transformation axis for one operation and do not want to create a whole new "custom orientation". This way one could just snap the cursor to any vertex you would like and use that orientation.

I tried to take a poke at it but I am to new in this yet. Do you think it is possible?

Should be relatively easy to do... Okay, here's my current TODO list for the addon:
    1) Refactor the code (the script is huge, I plan to split it to several files)
    2) Implement 'GIMBAL' orientation; make 'NORMAL' system also work for bones
    3) Add an orientation that points from current selection to cursor
    4) Add "User coordinate systems" functionality
    5) Implement "visibility-driven" snapping
    6) Maybe turn some settings to user-preferences (stored in blender directory, not with each .blend file)
    Hope I'll get enough free time the following weeks to actually start coding

An update on my progress: I've spent the last week refactoring; I think at least 30% of refactoring is done.

Hi Clairin0d,

I have spent a lot of time with your very good add-on but i Have found an error only when you use it in local view.
    You can't registred a position!!! is'it normal?
    Congratulations
    Spirou4D

Hi, Spirou4,
    Thanks! I didn't even know about the local view mode. I submitted a fix, hopefully it will solve the issue

Hi there !
    I have a little problem using this add-on in Blender v262 : cannot enable it in the add-on list.
    How can I fixe that ?

What build of Blender are you using? There were some API changes since 2.62, so the addon now works only in the recent versions (e.g. 2.63 RC1).

I've got the 2.62.0 r44136 release... Does it make it ?

That seems to be a February build. Too old.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast