Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I really like this addon.
    But this doen't seem to work with above 2.63a build.
    I hope it will be fixed soon because this script is very useful.

What error(s) does it report? I've just tested it in most recent builds (I'm under Win7 32bit system), for me it works.

Hello.
    I got these errors below.
    (My system is Win7 64bit )
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_enh anced_3d_cursor.py", line 3969, in draw
    update_keymap(True)
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_enh anced_3d_cursor.py", line 5163, in update_keymap
    km = wm.keyconfigs.active.keymaps['3D View']
    KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "3D View" not found'

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_enh anced_3d_cursor.py", line 3969, in draw
    update_keymap(True)
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\blender-2.63-r46679-win64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_enh anced_3d_cursor.py", line 5163, in update_keymap

update_keymap(True)

mill, sorry for the delay ^^""
    I've made a (probable) fix, you can download it from the SVN or from https://raw.github.com/dairin0d/enha...d_3d_cursor.py
    The problem was with registering keyboard shortcuts. I've made the script ignore these errors (solving it the "proper way" would require redesign of a considerable piece of code), so now you may need to assign/enable shortcuts manually.

Anyway, I'm working on a much more advanced system which should supersede Enhanced 3D Cursor, so "proper" solutions to problems like these would likely be available only in the new system.

It works perfectly.
    Thank you.
    I can not imagine how could this be better.
    This is already good.

Hello again.
    If I try to snap the cursor to a curve or polyline, it generates an error.
    I am using blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64.

File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 245, in modal
    return self.try_process_input(context, event)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 382, in try_process_input
    return self.process_input(context, event, initial_run)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 587, in process_input
    transform_func(particle)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 700, in transform_move
    self.use_object_centers)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 2277, in snap
    return self.implementation.snap(*args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 2352, in snap
    raycast = su.snap_raycast(a, b, clip, view_dir, csu, alt_snap)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 2725, in snap_raycast
    is_bbox, sys_matrix, sys_matrix_inv, is_local, False)
    File "C:\tools\blender\blender-2.63-r47100-mingw64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_e nhanced_3d_cursor.py", line 2659, in raycast
    lp, ln, face_id = obj.ray_cast(la, lb)
    RuntimeError: Error: object "・ソ" could not create internal data for ray casting

Thanks, you can grab a fixed version now However, keep in mind that the addon cannot snap cursor to free vertices/edges, so you won't be able to snap it to curve unless it has a raycastable surface (e.g. if it has nonzero bevel/extrude parameters). This is the limitation of the method I'm using for snapping.

The error has gone now.
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Just wanted to say thanks! since the first time i opened blender I wished for tool as this one, this is fantastic!!!

I'm doing some renders on cycles and i was wondering of your aware that of you go into render mode and then move the cursor with your addon a big white square appears on the render view, while you hold the mouse and drag the cursor, this only happens if you move the cursor while render preview mode of cycles is on.

Also I was wondering how difficult would it be to have one more button on the tool shelf that could make the cursor invisible, like when you click display>only render, but just to hide the cursor, as some times when your modeling and your not using the cursor it can get in the way, so it would be nice to be able to toggle its visibility.

So.. is there a mode for this to automatically snap to selection? A toggle for this would be nice...

And while I'm suggesting without reading 100 pages...

A toggle to disable cursor movement (temporarily). Might help people from other apps who have yet to train themselves not to left click willy nilly.
    Last edited by PsychotropicDog; 17-Jul-12 at 09:03.
    http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog
    actually useful blender learning aid: pencil and paper

Hi everyone, sorry for the absence of updates -- I've been taking a break from programming due to some health issues.

PsychotropicDog, what do you mean by "automatically snap to selection"..? That the cursor will snap to the selected object(s) as soon as the selection changes? The addon currently has no such mode. Why do you need it?
    Also, I think a shortcut for disabling cursor movement isn't really necessary with this addon -- if the user clicks willy-nilly, (s)he can use cursor history (or a bookmark) to restore the previous cursor position.

Renderluz, now I've added a cursor visibility toggle to the "3D Cursor Tools" subpanel (in Properties panel of 3D View). It's somewhat hacky, though, and Blender slows down a bit if the cursor is "invisible" (the more 3D views are opened, the slower). If it's still useful despite the slowdown, please let me know :-)

hi Dairin0d, This is a very COOL tool, i tried it and i love it. I got a little problem with the tool, i'm using maya/custom hotkey where LMB is for box selection (like in maya) so i have a conflict with this 3d cursor. I've been looking the way to modify the hotkey for 3d cursor, but it doens't work. How can i change LMB (for moving 3dcursor) to other hotkey ? if i can combine it with maya hotkey , it will be soooo perfect !

Thanx

metaclay, right now I'm not sure what may be the cause of your problem, so let's discuss it in private message or in IRC =)

hi Dairin0d, Thanx for updating the script, now it works like a charm. Now i can change the hotkey using : 'enhanced set cursor' (view3d.cursor3d_enhanced) to map it to other hotkey. Great works !

Thanx

Please help this clueless newbie

Hi dairin0d and anyone else who can answer this,

First, thanks for the script, it'll be sooo useful for me:-)
    I'm embarrassed at my cluelessness, but I'm having trouble installing the enhanced 3d cursor script. I went to the page, and found a long text block. I'm not even sure if I need to use all of it or only a portion.

What am I supposed to do with it? Copy all and paste? How do I put it into the addons folder? YES I am that new to this, I please send EXACT, NO ASSUMPTIONS instructions about how to do this.

I copied all the text, then created a new folder inside the addons folder, then tried to paste it into one. Do I need to paste it into a regular text document, or do something else with it.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help me install this add on.

ravel

Hiya raveldo a search on Youtube [just noticed tutorial on installing this most useful tool] for :How To Hide The 3d Cursor In BlenderEnjoy.dairin0d, thank you for making this. I was getting annoyed at the 3D cursor jumping all over the pace and this solves this problem.Happy Blending!

An update to everyone who was using the "hide cursor" functionality: ideasman42 (Campbell Barton), one of the core developers, asked me to disable it until there is a proper way of hiding the cursor. The addon was setting cursor coordinates to NaN for the duration of OpenGL viewport rendering, and this has caused problems for some users: http://projects.blender.org/tracker/..._id=9&atid=498

Hi dairin0d,

Would you be able to add a "snap to empty center" option? Your addon works like a charm, except when I try to snap to an empty's center point by dragging the cursor: it will snap to the sides and corners, but not to the center!

Thanks!
    /*----------------------------------------------------*/
    System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

it's already possible!

VV for BBOX snapping, T to make snap to object centers only (mode - e.g. CENTER or MEDIAN - will show in yellow color if enabled), Ctrl to enable snapping. Bounding boxes will show, but cursor snaps to center only.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast