Posing MakeHuman models in Blender 2.59

I exported a model from MakeHuman to Blender 2.59. No matter how I export it, the rig that comes with exported model doesn’t work.

What is the fastest and most efficient way of rigging the human model in Blender 2.59 just for posing purposes? (I just need to pose the model and render it).

Thanks.

use a makeHuman nightly build…
Use the Blender build from Blender.org
export the .mhx from MakeHuman with “rigify” checked.
Open Blender go to the preferences and enable “import export mhx” makehuman
Also enable Rigify…
Import the mhx model, import the model that has 25
when you import the mhx in the operator panel check “enforce version” (leave it on graphicall")

If the model imports correctly you should see a hoop/ring around his torso, and a hoop/ring with arrows around his waiste.

Ok… box select all of this then it will turn blue, and set “with automatic weights”

opps to set automatic weights you press Ctrl+P… :wink: then click automatic weights.

Hey motorsep,
Have you used blenrig before? If so, just delete the rig that came with your .mhx imported model and re-rig(re-target) blenrig to it and you should be using your model in minutes!

Hey motorsep,
Have you used blenrig before? If so, just delete the rig that came with your .mhx imported model and re-rig(re-target) blenrig to it and you should be able to use/pose your model.

Ok, every method failed and it’s just not worth messing with rigged characters out of Makehuman :frowning:

I got Daz Studio, posed a character there, exported as OBJ to decorate it and render it in Blender.

@ CHEED: No, I haven’t used Blenrig.

What system are you using?<br>
Window, linux or mac? i tried the above on windows an it works 100%.

I tried on Linux and on Windows. Rigify rig is messed up when I bring it to Blender. Most of the rig controls are broken.

AHHH!! Ohhh my goodness i cant figure it out!!! AHHH!!! :slight_smile:

but you are right, you eill get all kinds of errors if you try to use a MakeHuman with a current graphicall build
(use blender build on blender.org Windows 64bit version works. if you follow the steps i gave.)