Minecraft world

Click for full-res
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1131/colouredminecraftworldw.jpg

Made some lighting changes in this one:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9919/minecraftcanyonsmaller1.jpg
(Maybe third image coming soon)

This is a small portion of the temporary server I made for a few friends of mine so we could try out Beta 1.8. I’d have loved to render our full, proper server but it’s just too plain huge for me to work with currently (November computer upgrade can’t come soon enough).

To extract the model from the game I used Mcobj, then imported the .obj world file into blender. Texturing everything was a nightmare however. All sprite blocks (like flowers, fences, rails, tall grass etc) originally arrived as cubes, so had to be removed. Next were the scaling issues, which I still haven’t overcome, as my textures just refused point blank to map to a single square shaped face. If anybody can help me out there it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

The scenes were constructed in blender 2.49/2.59 and rendered in using Yafaray. Post-pro was done in photoshop as were the textures (from a personal hi-res 64x64/256x256 texture pack I made for my friends to use in the game itself).

Although I would love to take this further (better texturing/lighting, bigger scene etc) I’m just not able to on my current machine, so I’m declaring this finished instead of WIP. I’ll probably make a WIP thread when I pick this project up again in a few months time.

P.S. Haven’t posted here in a long time it seems, everything feels so… different? :confused:

And attached for browsers that don’t agree with imageshack (lower quality though):

Looks nice except for one thing, I think you hand blurred it to get your DOF. I would suggest using the compositor for DOF, because some of your image is blurred or clear in the wrong places.

Yeah that’s one thing I wanted to do in-render but was unable to. I was going for a tilt-shift look to begin with also, of which the results wouldn’t be far off this. I gave the DoF function a go but the render just refused to comply and packed up.

Edit: I worked out the texture issue, simple fix, I just wasn’t able to spot it whilst working with the whole scene