Blender Audio System (Aud) example (3d and 2d)

This is an example of AUD (Audio System) in blender.

Here are the main advantages:

• Sounds can be played simultaneously
  • The sound can be buffed if it is not too big and will be used often (Saves CPU usage).
  • You can add some cool effect (fade in , fade out , delay, etc)
  • The sound can be paused, resumed or stopped at any time.
  • It have a lot of other cool functions and you can learn them here!

The new example blend have 2 example: 3D sounds and 2D sounds. They cover all the basics.

Here’s the new example blend: http://www.mediafire.com/?yb6hzgbzb3dh6pe

Added a another example.

Thanks a lot.
This is what I looking for.

If you are wondering why no one posts here, it beause we don’t understand your blend files. Please make a blend files and add all necessery external files in one .zip so that we can try your system with a simple click and then start tweaking and playing with it.

Works fine, and sounds interesting, will have closer look on AUD !

-_-’ I don’t know how I could make that simpler.

You extract the zip (There’s only two files, the blend and the sound )
You open the blend file
You press Space ( well number 3 for the 2nd example)
The sound play!

forget it, it is absolutely clear! I would only suggest to take an non faded audio file, so that noona can tell “its not working”…

Hmm…I’m sorry, the 2 times I tried this, was in the office, where my pc have some restrictions, I guess…that there Blender was not allowed to load external files like wavs…etc. It works fine at home.
Great system…is it possible to use multiple sounds playing at the same time on different channels?If yes how many? Is it possible to define their count? Is it possible to choose the channel for a certain sound? Is it possible to set the maximum RAM usage for all sounds.
Is it possible to query multiple sounds for one channel? Are there different handlers for long sound files(like in-game music)?

I’m really interested in this system, are you familiar with pyGame mixer, what is the advantages of this system over pyGame?

From what I read on the AUD documentation, the only thing you can do about channels, is to print the number of channels of the device… (Who knows, I might be wrong).

I don’t think it is possible set the maximum RAM usage for all sounds.
There is only one type of handler.

I’m not familiar with pyGame mixer (I just discovered it) but from what I read in the documentation, they do pretty much the same thing at these exceptions:

Aud:
+Aud have more effects.
+It handle 3D sound
Is a blender module

pyGame:
+Have commands about channels (Well, aud doesn’t seem to have commands about channels).
+More control

Aud seems easier to use but pyGame offer more control over the playing sounds.
(Please remember that I only had a quick overview)

Added a new example blend since the other link was outdated.

2d and 3d example this time.