Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When they first announced the Python API, I thought "One magical day, they will write a python script that will take care of all this tedious garbage." That happy day is here! Thank you very much for contributing

Thank you. It is very useful.

Worked really well on my laptop But i can't download it on Mac (OSX v10.5). Thanks for the script but a Mac version would be nice!

Great script! So useful! Thanks!
    "You can't handle the tris!"
    My blog: Everything 3D
    My Blender e-book: Creating Diamonds in Blender

DDDDDDDUUUUDDDDEE this AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks sooooo much, hey will you explain the function of your other add-ons?

thanks again people for your commens, as said before the options were already there... see the 2 links in first post, that's where I got the info -read also a recent post in blendersushi, a nice blog-

but yes, the script helps a lot on scenes with many objects... learning some basic python is a great way to optimize your own workflow and to add specific tools, it is not difficult at all to get simple stuff working, give it a try!

cheers
    Last edited by liero; 17-Dec-11 at 09:47.

Very nice, thanks liero. Could it be done to display in the 3d view and real time?

I also liked the part of your add-on, but I missed one feature in it so I decided to add it. It was Z Offset for wire material, for default i set it for 0.01 so its look better for me but i also add a window to select how big Z offset should be.

here is a link to my version
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53698526/wire_mat_gui.py

Equip: Blender allows you to overlay wires in viewport, enable from object display properties or try this line in the console: for o in bpy.data.objects: o.show_wire = True

jade.phenix: script already applies a z-offset value, -0.05 worked fine for me as a default- and you can always edit material value later if needed...
    it's ok if you find it useful to be in the gui, I just didn't want to over do it
    -cheers-

Very nice liero. It's more or less what i did before to get these Wire renders, but your script make that so quick and simple !

There is one thing that would be extremely nice though: do you think you could code a "revert to original material" button ?
    It probably is possible to "scan" the document, write down what material is affected to what mesh... I am not sure how you would go about multi-material meshes. What do you think ?

ahh, maybe this revert function could be similar to the clay render script in contrib.
    it can turn on & off
    https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-e...render_clay.py
    feel free to merge & let me know

@ Meta-Androcto: yes exactly. I think it would be a very valuable addition to that script.

Gwenouille: Clay Render script seems to make use of builtin Material override settings from Render > Layers, you can store one material there for each layer but you need two here.
    Maybe a compositing script would be a solution, or even easier: do not delete materials, just put them in top slots so they can be removed later keeping the others... may have its tricks though, will give this a try in a couple of days, cheers.

@ Meta-Androcto: Yesterday I get the idea to merge both but its hard for my because I'm new in python and the scripts are write in different way but i do my best.

Thanks for the reply liero.
    I've read your script, and AFAIK with my little python knowledge, it seems very well written. Congratulations !

About the "revert" , what about temporarily setting the materials to the object and not the mesh, and then back to data ?

thanks Gwenouille but I honestly doubt it! anyway the script is simple, in fact I had a working one in a few minutes so to answer a topic in this forum...

in reference to reverting I think of this as a 'destructive' operation, it is so easy to press ctrl+z later after rendering! :p your object / data idea seems nice, but I'm pretty sure wire material needs to be in first slot... see again jawra's post here... need to find an easy way to swap slots or something alike

It would be nice if material slots had an "active/inactive" toggle as the textures have. Well, in that case anyway. Apart from that, i don't know if it'd make sense...

True, Ctrl+Z is easy, but not as elegant !

I died to get this before two days. Blender sucks at this. Hope this script is gonna work.

oh, great, someone who is using his brain capabilities in a right way thank you very much liero

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast