Blender Cycles / How to create a realistic sky and Sun casting shadows in Cycles / HD

Hi:)
my name is Peter Drakulić
This is a video tutorial showing how you can create a realistic,“real time”-adjustable sky,in Cycles,with clouds and all,as well as Sun and sunlight with shadows casting using compositing techniques.

Here’s the link to the tutorial >

hope you’ll enjoy it!:slight_smile:

PS I have uploaded also the .blend file.Please bear in mind that I have NOT uploaded the image assets (textures) with it (I didn’t “pack” them) EXCEPT from the Gradient texture I made in Photoshop for controlling the mix of the two RGB Nodes in the Sky Texture setup (you can download it from the attachments below);so,if you want to fully replicate the scene,all you have to do is either add your own images (please note: “panoramic” for the skydome) or just visit cgtextures.com (or any other relevant site) and just download some textures.After downloading them,it should be just a matter of seconds to use those images in the (already setup) node tree.

Attachments

SkyCyclesTutorialUP.blend (1.04 MB)

Very nice and explanatory tutorial, thank you for sharing!

thank you McCyberfly for commenting and support,happy you appreciated it!Peter

Thanks for posting this tut!

thank you Samuel for commenting and support,happy you appreciated it!Peter

looks at his default
looks back at Peter’s cube

uninstalls

Really like your tutorials, always very useful to someone learning.Thanks

Thanks again Ooze27 for your feedback and support,it means a lot to me and greatly appreciate! Peter

You mentioned a bug in your tutorial. Has it now been fixed as currently using this on a project of mine. Am i now able to do linked objects between BI and cycles?

Thanks for taking the time, this is real handy!

Seriously, am I the only one that recognized the true identity of the OP? The name, the accent… it’s so obviously Count Dracula!!!

Anyone have this saved by any chance, the link doesn’t work now and i really want to see it. :eek:

Broken link… what happen?

Hi Peter, Broken link