Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Script to Skin a Point Cloud (for Blender 2.6x or Later)

I hope to make a laser 3D scanner in near future, so being able to work with point clouds inside Blender sounds great!
    It seems the script crashes if there are vertex colors.
    It'd be great to be able to maintain vertex colors if they are set. Not yet sure it is possible for bare vertices though.

This plugin does the job pretty well (blender 2.69) on small amount of point. I found useful to use it also in those situation when you have holes in the mesh and you need a quick way to fill it.
    Unfortunatly when there are many vertex it takes a long time or never finish I think needs some sort of spatial optimization

Originally Posted by kivig View Post
    I hope to make a laser 3D scanner in near future, so being able to work with point clouds inside Blender sounds great!
    It seems the script crashes if there are vertex colors.
    It'd be great to be able to maintain vertex colors if they are set. Not yet sure it is possible for bare vertices though.
    blender does not support colors for only vertices...
    bwide.wordpress.com - Free NodePack, 70+ Cycles + Compositor
    Happy Destruction with: Bullet Constraints Tools

Test succesfull ;-)
    bwide.wordpress.com - Free NodePack, 70+ Cycles + Compositor
    Happy Destruction with: Bullet Constraints Tools

I saw this thread with locked padlock mark, so I thought I was no longer able to post here.
    But I was able to post Thanks.

Hello, everyone,

I have a foot sole point cloud.
    After I skin it using this tool, there are many stripes on the mesh, like a zebra.

I notice that the face is generated in add_by_vertices_raw() of class FaceCreater.
    It sets mesh.tessfaces[i].vertices_raw with a poly tuple iteratively.
    In my case, the poly tuple consists of three values which are the vertex indexes.
    After the loop, mesh.update(calc_edges=True) ends the program.

I do not know how it determines the grey scale on each face.
    Can someone help me? Thanks.

Best regards,
    fantasymew
    Last edited by fantasymew; 06-May-15 at 21:44.

Originally Posted by fantasymew View Post
    Hello, everyone,

I have a foot sole point cloud.
    After I skin it using this tool, there are many stripes on the mesh, like a zebra.

I notice that the face is generated in add_by_vertices_raw() of class FaceCreater.
    It sets mesh.tessfaces[i].vertices_raw with a poly tuple iteratively.
    In my case, the poly tuple consists of three values which are the vertex indexes.
    After the loop, mesh.update(calc_edges=True) ends the program.

I do not know how it determines the grey scale on each face.
    Can someone help me? Thanks.

Best regards,
    fantasymew
    I managed to remove the stripes, by going into edit mode, then "make normals consistent" (Ctrl-N). Then go to modifiers and add an edge-split modifier. After this my stripes were gone and smooth shading worked.

Hi Hans,

First I'd like to thank you for this script, it worked quite well for some of my clouds. However now I'm having difficulty with a large model. Large holes remain on this model, but these holes seem to have enough vertices in them, but they remain unconnected as you can see in the image.

holes.jpg

Since it is composed from a 1x1 3D grid I used Dist for skin: 1.45, ratio for axis 2, and ratio grid 3.0. I tried some other values but that didn't change much.

Could you please help me? I couldn't upload the error log or blend file to this forum so I've used Mega. I've uploaded the log file here
    And the blend file here. The blend file contains 3 layers to help in debugging. The original unskinned pointcloud is on layer 3. This one still has a lot of doubles, so I used "remove doubles" in Edit mode before I skinned it. Layer 2 has the skinned output. Layer 1 has the smoothed output.

Error.jpg

I cannot get my point cloud to skin. Anyone know why? Error is attached.

Originally Posted by Wojofoo View Post
    Error.jpg

I cannot get my point cloud to skin. Anyone know why? Error is attached.
    I also have a similar error. Using 2.75 from build-bot. Please help.

i also am not able to use the script in 2.75 and the addon panel in the addon thing panel on the tool shelf

How do I import my point cloud file?

I have a point cloud file from a probe scan on mach3. how do I import it? and what extension should I use?

Any word on an update ? This doesn't seem to work in 2.78.

Is someone out there who can make this run again in Blender 2.78 and above?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456