How do I open my animation in Windows Media?

After I save the animation, how do I get it to open in Windows Media Player or how can I display it on the internet? I basicly want to be able to open the animation without having to open Blender. I have searched for the answer in the knowledge base and kept getting dead links. Can anyone help me?

Hello

Well I can try to help you, but I guess that you must help you either :slight_smile:

You’ll not open an “animation” in WMP or another “multimedia player”, but, let’s say, a “movie” file, the result of you saved animation work, usually a file with an AVI or MPEG or MOV extension. When you’ve finished your animation work, you must save a .blend file and then save a “movie” one ( maybe composed of many animations).
In the Scene ( F10) window, in the Format panel select the output format ( this depends on what CODECS you’ve installed in your system, and the quality you want, but you can choose the Indeo 5 or DivX for the NET), choose the size ( take care, big sizes=big space=big computer :slight_smile: ).
In the Output panel choose a file name and location and enable the extensions button.
Now press the Anim button and Blender will “make” your movie.
When done, open WMP and search in the above directory the file with the name you’ve given in Blender and …that’s it…i hope.
Well this is a basic tut, much more can be said about animations
Bye

Thanks Oto, I got it now :D.