smoky ghost like effect

I want to know if it is even possible to do a smoky ghost like character effect in blender. (think twins from matrix or undead army from lord of the rings). I am wanting to make an angel and demon effect for a movie so it doesnt have to be uber realistic, but the whole smoke filled shap is what i’m after…

I would first try halo’s with an animated halo texture. If that doesn’t look real enough I would then try using several particle emmitors to form a character. Shaping the emmited particles with lattices. You can find lots of tutorials for creating smoke with particles.

GreyBeard

thanks,
im still kinda new to blender so ill check out the help section on lattices, and the tutorials oyu mentioned and i guess also the halo texture thing… :frowning:

what exactly does the animated halo texture do? and is that just a material or is that the character itself?

let me make sure i have you right, basically use lattices to create the “hollow” shape for my character and then use partice systems to fill it loosely with a smoke like effect…

-just asking, could i make soemthing pass through it and kinda make the smoke whisp around??

I really have no exact idea of what i want to do with these characters (they would be demons and angels) and how complex i would make them, but now that i know it can be done (and apparently not super hard) ill start messing with it.
-thanks! :smiley: