Looping Animation

Is there any quick way to set many action curves to looping at once? I’m learning how to animate walk cycles, and the only way I’ve found to loop the animation is to set each curve’s extend mode to Cyclic individually. I’d like to be able to set all of them (or turn them off) at once. Is this possible?

Thanks

Yes, press [TAB] as many times as necessary to ensure you are NOT in edit mode.

Press [A] to select all the ipo curves, and then extrapolate them.

Sorry, I guess my question didn’t really reflect what I wanted to ask! :expressionless:

In the IPO Curve Editor, I know I can AKEY and set all of those curves to cyclic. However, it only displays the curves for 1 bone at a time. Since I have an armature with ~ 20 bones or so, it’s a pain to do it that way. So I guess my question is:

Can I set all curves for all 20 or so actions to be cyclic at once? Or am I limited to only doing all the curves of an individual action at once?

You can change the interpolation mode directly in the action window (check the menus for the hotkey), but not the extrapolation mode. Would be nice if you could though. I’ll ask Hos he if can cram that in.

Martin

Hmm. I was just playing a bit with the Blendo character. I tried a simple eye blink animation, and when I hit ALT-A to watch it, the animation actually looped on it’s own. I.E., it when back to frame 1 from frame 10. (That’s what I really want. Just to be able to watch the animation in a loop as I test.) I was under the impression that you had to make the curves cyclic, but evidently is maybe another way of doing this that I missed?

Just set your start and end frames in the render buttons. Under the Anim panel in the Render buttons, set Sta: to your the first frame of your action and End: to the last frame of your action. As long as your current frame number is between these two, it’ll loop for you when you alt-A.