Mirror animation problem

Alrighty, I’ve been working on a fight animation for the last couple of hours. Origionaly I just intended it to be one character demonstrating a couple of kicks and punches…not on anything. But as i’ve worked on it I’ve completed a sequence and now I wanna go back and add someone receiving the blows. Essentialy I wanna get the same Character in the scene again (changing his color) with a blank slate animation wise. I tried duplicating the already animated character and armature and then going back and erasing all of the ipo curves but that erased the animation for my origional character as well. How can I erase the data for just one of the characters/armatures? Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.

Walker

Instead of deleting the keys from the action blocks (assuming you’re using a single action block and not the NLA) just unlink (X button) the block from one of the armature and add a new one.

Martin

I’m still rather new at this, can you explain in more detail exactly how do do this?

Walker

Haha!! Nevermind, I fooled around with it for a while and got it to work, thanks theeth!

Walker