Dasault rafale

Hello. I believe I’m fishing my rafale soon so here is my post. I am trying to make it most realistic possible with modeled panels and my laptop is starting to seriously hick up.
So any critic is of course welcome.

Attachments

Small update I added landing gear doors. There is also wire-frame picture .

Attachments

I think you need to consider what distance this model is going to be in the render. If it’s going to be a descent distance from the caemra then a bump map would suffice for the panneling and doors for the landing gear. If you want a close shot of the model then you can manually model it but it needs better topology. If you keep it, i would suggest adding a faceloop around each panel. Also, it would be a good idea to get rid of the 5 point star on the wing.

Anyway, it seems that it may be an interesting model.
macktruck6666 is right, do not try to model everything, keep the mesh simple, otherwise UV-wrapping will be difficult. Experiment with the bump and reflection textures - they will allow you to obtain a quite good effect for the skin panels and closed landing gear doors.

Hy there is some little work done after few days. I only added front wings,those holes underside and reworked wing topology on Witold suggestion. Thank you for your advice.

I am actually going for close up shot. I d like to finally finish one model and make it photo realistic. Thing is that I’m bad in texturing and I don’t know how to make realistic metal texture I just couldn’t find any good tutorial about this topics. So if we got any good links…

Attachments

I am going with this again after few months. And I’m gong on photo realism. I added even those litle triangles. I belive they use is dispersing radar signals.

And i saw that fighter. It is awesome. I d relay like to be that good .

Attachments

AWESOME!! from one of those images i guess you are working with a 2d blueprint in the background and using that for the measurements, good idea. i would like to see some views of the top when rendered as well as the underside. this model is certainly very accurate and realistic, how do you intend to texture it.

I stil don’t know how to texture this Rafale coretly. Actualy I newer done texxturing. I will need some good learning befoare I do do this and I know nothing about riging.

Sorry for such dragging with this one there i a view from a top and cockpit pictures. And yes I did use 2d blueprint: I try to be as correct as possible.

Attachments