Animation Hickup

Ive made a human model in make human and now I am attempting to animate it. Iv’e got the hang of the very basics of animating (skeletal), but please be patient.

I have:

• Key-frame for the legs in frame 1 - With the left leg raised next to the right leg.
  • Key-frame for the legs in frame 13 -
    With the right leg raised next to the left leg.

(I am working on 25 FPS.)

That constitutes the begining of each step (Left…Right…).

That works fine, and the model blends between the two frames happily. When i add another key-frame in frame 10, I get a problem. As the legs move between key-frame 1 and 10 they drift, bending (rotating) in the opposite direction to between frames 10 and 13. Sorry, that is a realy bad explination, but its the best I can do at the moment…

I think this is caused by the IPO curves plotting a curve (the drift) to form a smooth graph. I therefore straightened the IPO curve between frames 1 and 10. BUT to no avail… it still drifts even though the IPO has a straight (horizontal) line! :frowning:

If you can understand, even slighly, by jibberings please help. THANKS.

I have hit apon something…I have only edited one of the armatures. Does anyone know a way to do mass IPO editing or a tutorial on managing all the data-blocks etc that are confusing me :-?

select all the channels you want to affect in the Action window and press the Tkey to change interpolation type (you can also access this through the header menu).

Martin