Cloth collision

Hey,

I am working on Cloth collisions as some of you might have noticed because of my latest commits. Some people complain, some people say it’s btter than before (blender 2.63).

I also have some patch with the latest changes for enhanced self collisions: http://www.pasteall.org/32814/diff

Can you give me some feedback in compare to Blender 2.63?

Thanks! :eyebrowlift:

PS: Feel free to move this post if I picked the wrong subforum.

I did not manage to build patched sources.
with cmake

In file included from /home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp:16:0:
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/common/runstats.h:31:9: erreur: ‘__int64’ does not name a type
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/common/runstats.h:32:26: erreur: expected initializer before ‘uint64_t’
[ 90%] Built target buildinfo
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp: In member function ‘void CollisionPipeline::detect_collisions(size_t, size_t, std::vector<Collision>&)’:
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp:1365:14: attention : unused variable ‘check_hit’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp:1386:14: attention : unused variable ‘check_hit’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp:1409:14: attention : unused variable ‘check_hit’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 94%] Built target makesrna
/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/blender/extern/eltopo/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp:1461:18: attention : unused variable ‘check_hit’ [-Wunused-variable]
[ 97%] Built target bf_rna
make[2]: *** [extern/eltopo/CMakeFiles/extern_eltopo.dir/eltopo3d/collisionpipeline.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [extern/eltopo/CMakeFiles/extern_eltopo.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

with scons

Compiling ==> ‘collision.c’
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c: In function ‘cloth_bvh_objcollision’:
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:713:20: erreur: storage size of ‘etMesh’ isn’t known
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:714:30: erreur: storage size of ‘etGO’ isn’t known
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:715:34: erreur: storage size of ‘etIO’ isn’t known
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:898:5: erreur: implicit declaration of function ‘el_topo_integrate’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:913:5: erreur: implicit declaration of function ‘el_topo_free_integrate_results’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:717:30: attention : unused variable ‘collverts’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:717:15: attention : unused variable ‘collfaces’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:715:34: attention : unused variable ‘etIO’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:714:30: attention : unused variable ‘etGO’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:713:20: attention : unused variable ‘etMesh’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:704:51: attention : unused variable ‘l’ [-Wunused-variable]
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.c:704:48: attention : unused variable ‘k’ [-Wunused-variable]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scons: *** [/home/user/blender/gensch_patch/build/linux/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/collision.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Do you use MinGW to compile zeauro?

Thats great news! Can you explain a bit about what your improvements are designed to accomplish?

For example, i remember the sintel team saying that they had huge problems with the cloth sim when it came to interpenetrating polys at the start of the sim. Apparently there are some papers out there that solve the issue. I dont know if your improvements are designed to tackle that issue, but oh man it would be amazing if true! :slight_smile:

Thanks for working on this!

No, I compile for Ubuntu 12.04 64bits.

@genscher: while on the subject of Cloth, is there any way to add loop cloth animation feature? Or have a component that inserts a bone into each vertex and creates frame keyed animation for cloth (ready to be exported for game engines)? Thanks.