Race Car Cockpit Cam Setup - With Demo

This my first ever thread in the Game Engine Resources section, because I finally have something I thought might be useful.
I have created a camera setup for a race car cockpit view without a script that dampens rotation, giving its movement a more realistic feel than just parenting it to the car.
The screenshots below are of a track I made so I could play around with the car. The vehicle physics are all thanks to the generous guy behind the non-programmer vehicle wrapper, the beautiful EVO model is from blendswap, and I took the bloom from one of martinsh’s example blends.
In the demo blend. file at the bottom of this post there’s a description on how to make the cockpit cam and my setup.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2v59vvhbohe9uky

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anybody find it useful? Does the demo work?

Yes, in part, it’s very good. Just need to add a second camera in order to be able to switch between cameras. Also putting up the “damping” makes the car’s suspension more realistic. Would also be good if that racing track was in the file.

Nice screens.

Thanks. I didn’t know about the damping, I’ll play with that.
I’d probably want to minimize poly’s on my track before giving it out, 'cause the terrain’s pretty huge.
Here’s how I made it:
Just make one section and duplicate it with an array, then make a curve for the shape. I used Bryce 7 Pro (which is free here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro/) to generate the terrain. It also makes some diffuse maps which I used as a stencil to put two more detailed textures on the terrain in blender.

thanks, i enjoy this game, and my friends also like it

This is amazing! I don’t know how do you think of that, but this not even exists in AAA commercial games. Well done.

Thanks const.
I think NFS Shift has it beat though.

thanks for this. i was going to use it in the game I’m making but want you to ask how to credit you. do you want me to credit you as quacky or do you have a more business like name that you want me to credit you for, and if you have a website do you want me to link people to it in the credits?

thanks for this. i was going to use it in the game I’m making but want you to ask how to credit you. do you want me to credit you as quacky or do you have a more business like name that you want me to credit you for, and if you have a website do you want me to link people to it in the credits?

sorry posted twice just delete this one.