[ Addon ] Island Tools ( v.1.3.5 )

Hey guys, here i present my last addon, Island Tools.

The addon provides functionality to transform uv islands from its own individual origin.

• Select some uv islands, go to UVs -> Transform -> Island Tools or push the button on header of UV/Image editor to activate the tool.
  • The tool popup will show and you can tweak the values to desired result
  • Press F6 for activate the popup menu again to further tweaks

This tool makes multiple transform operations in one step on every uv island individually, and can be very useful when you have your layout almost finished and you want more space between uv islands and want to scale every uv island just a little but mantain every uv island at place, or just make some tweaks to several uv islands with only one step each.

FEATURES :

• Only selection : Only applies operations on previously selected uv islands
  • View all selected : Display output as selected / unselected uv islands
  • Link size : Link scale sizes for uniform transforms, then only takes into account X size for transformation
  • X size : Scale uv islands from every own local X axis
  • Y size : Scale uv islands from every own local Y axis
  • Rotation : Rotate uv islands from own local center
  • X mirror : Mirror uv islands from every own center on X axis
  • Y mirror : Mirror uv islands from every own center on Y axis

VIDEO TUTORIAL : ( Sorry in advance, really mi first english-tutorial :o )

WIKI :
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/UV/Island_Tools

DOWNLOAD :

New version 1.3.5 :
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65106662/updates/uv_island_tools.py

Updated to work with blender 2.66a or above

Hope this will be useful!

------------------------------------------->

sorry cant add attachement to last post,
How to embed video:

thanks dave62 :wink:

That will surely come in very handy :slight_smile:

I’v been hoping for this for sometime, and its finally here! Yayy! Thanks a million JordiArt, this will indeed come in very handy as i do a lot of UV work and texturing. Excellent work.

This looks VERY handy. Impressive!

Thanks for give it a try to all, let me know if is there any bug that i don´t know :wink:

WHOA! super-useful toolset addon. This should imo be reviewed for trunk addons/contrib

cool addon… but…

“Press F6 for activate the popup menu to display all the settings.”

Could you add a button for this?
maybe at least in the menu and next to it give the shortcut key…

ex. “Activate Island Tools Menu” (F6)

I had to go to wiki to find this info…

Well, that´s not my fault, just another hidden feature, F6 it´s standard shortcut on blender to call popup menus for redo operators, not only for my addon :wink:

In the tutorial and on the wiki it´s explained too, i think it´s clear enough, but thanks for testing anyway

to tell you the truth i dont use any of the F keys… LOL
I need to use them more i suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can try also the “SHIFT + R” combo to repeat the last operator without having to tweak the values, it´s a useful one too and also a little hidden.
For example, run island tools and scale in very little amount, say 0.98 or 0.97 or so…
then just keep doing “SHIFT + R” and stop when you feel good with the result :wink:

another life saver tool… thankyou!

You’re absolutely right, JordiArt. It’s NOT your fault…

However, adding a menu selection or button would make it easier for those of us who have yet to memorize all those hidden features.:o

Maybe i can do it, but for now i don´t know how to invoke popup automatically, and another thing it´s that the menu always appear based on your mouse position, so if i can manage to show when you push the button or menu, it will show on undesired location, mostly for visibility this can be and issue, i don´t have many time right now and meantime with F6 it´s cover too, soon i have to do another version because i´ve found a bug while i was rendering a thing… the button it´s still there and when you araren´t unwraping… it fails because the context. Hope soon will be fixed too :wink:

Today i found a bug when i was using the addon for unwrap a model i was working on… i´ve updated blender build and in this revision, r49732 and in this version the addon doesn´t work anymore.
I´ve fixed this, because it´s because a recent change in the API, think i´ll provide the two versions for now, the old 1.1 that works with 2.63 official, and the people who will work with r49732 or after with the fixes.
I´ve managed too to make popup show immediatly when you push the button/go to menu for the addon.
Tomorrow i´ll update the downloads and all the stuff, now i´m tired you know :wink:

Updated version to 1.3:

-Fixed bugs as mentioned in above post
-Added instant menu popup for tweak the tool without having to press F6
-Limited tool context to don´t show unless you have a mesh object active and with a uv map. ( in previous versions the tool is showed when it can´t do stuff and crash, now only it´s active where it should be )

I decided to put 2 download links, one with the old version and the new.
If you have updated to a recent blender build, then pick the 1.3 version, for blender versions ( i don´t know exactly where … ) you can still use the 1.1 but this version don´t have the fixes of the new version, so be careful.

When blender achieve 2.64, then i´ll provide only a one compatible version, but meantime, i think this can be the best option if you want to be updated :wink:

Updated version to 1.3.5:

-Fixed to work with blender 2.66a or above

Sorry long time no updating, but i find some time to fix a really little bug…

thanks for the update fixes :-). This is a must-have blender add-on