Page 322 of 322 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322
Results 6,421 to 6,431 of 6431

Thread: Dyntopo tests

@Hadriscus:
    My pleasure. Make sure to check the boxes "Threaded sculpt", "Fast Navigate" and "Use Deform only" under "Options" in the T-Panel in Sculpt Mode! (only appears with meshes that have a multires modifier on then)
    I never had any sort of spiking. I do only work with multires on very clean topology, so that might indeed be why.
    You can bake heightmaps/displacement maps from Multires with Blender Internal if that is what you mean by exporting the multires subdivisions. (There is even a checkbox in case you want the lowres-mesh to be the bake target. I donīt use that however, I shrinkwrap a copy of my basemesh onto my highpoly sculpt to have a more accurate approximation. (Like shown HERE in post #80)) Just make sure to use 32Bit Float and TIFF or Open_EXR, not PNG or BMP or JPEG when you save out your maps to avoid unpleasant surprizes.

I appreciate the breakdown - I don't fully understand your picture though, and I see I am not the only one - in the end you shrinkwrap the lowres retopo mesh onto the multires sculpt ? What's the advantage of that method compared to just using the multires sculpt ?

My goal is to rig the thing so I can pose it nicely - does the armature modifier play well with multires ?

Hadrien

Originally Posted by PolyPincher View Post
    Brilliant concept to model, you've captured the sketch wonderfully!
    Thank you my friend !

Originally Posted by Hadriscus View Post

My goal is to rig the thing so I can pose it nicely - does the armature modifier play well with multires ?

Hadrien
    Yes It does
    "Don't forget that blender is a community project, we develop blender together.
    If you feel things aren't as good as the should be, make it your goal to improve it." Sergof

@Hadriscus: I must have missed something/someoneīs comment! I havenīt noticed anyone mentioning that the breakdown pic isnīt clear so far. Still canīt find it
    Hereīs the reason why I donīt use the base of the multiresolution mesh and shrinkwrap a duplicate onto the highres mesh instead:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shrinkwrap_vs_multiresbase.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	483938
    The difference isnīt earth shattering by any means, but I like to have my lowres final model have as similar shape, size and proportions as the high res sculpt as possible.

@erickBlender:
    This is surprising news to me! I get rectangular artifacts and very ugly behaviour when I try to pose a multires mesh. I would have said "no" myself but you make me curious!

To steer this wonderful thread back on topic and because it was great fun, I doodled up this three legged, hopefully disturbing creature/elfish guy with dyntopo. (Hook and woodleg polymodeled obviously):

Name:	3legged.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	483939

Name:	3legged2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	483941

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try it myself when I get around to retopo my beast. As for the picture, ok I get it - thanks for explaining further (actually, the other person expressed confusion before you posted the image, my bad).

Originally Posted by julperado View Post
    the multiresolution modifier can be unpredictable if you don't know how to use it. For some reason people think that it's possible to have a heavily subdivided and sculpted object, go back to the basemesh and just add some extrusions expecting everything to behave correctly afterwards...
    Ahh, then I should be in the clear, I have never modified the basemesh after going multires, my workflow is basically doing overall shapes and some detailing in dyntopo, retopo to get a clean mesh, add enough multires subdivisions to have the detail transfer to a satisfactory level, and finalize the sculpting.

Quick additional note on sculpting with multires modifier on very high subdivision levels: using autosmooth with brushes that affect lots of polygons at the same time WILL slow down performance significantly. So keep an eye out for that. (I keep forgetting this myself)

Originally Posted by Hadriscus View Post
    What the hell czerw this is disturbing. Please go on.
    Hey thanks! Thats what i was aiming for. I like your alien-insect-horse. Nice details. I wonder how it would look textured.

And here is a little update on mr. butt-arms.

Name:	patryk-reczko-untitledlaczone.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	484707

I leaped and bought zbrush (it's related to a 3dprint project a friend and I have been thinking about, so not entirely a compulsive buy, although I felt like giving myself a present). My god, what a blast. I retopo'ed my beast with a handful of curve guides, reprojected the details onto the dyntopo sculpt - took me like five minutes, and the SHEER SPEED of this thing... it doesn't have the flexibility of dyntopo though, I'll keep on concepting in Blender, but for cleanup and prepping for print, this is the shit.
    Last edited by Hadriscus; 14-Jun-17 at 13:50.

It's What I do, dyntopo on blender and finish on zbrush.