Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Originally Posted by sunboy View Post
    Regarding the whole proxy thing Blender has much room for Improvement... For some reason I haven't had any problems like the one you mentioned with my latest project (It was a Bandgig with five cams so proxies were necessary. By the way due to the flexible GUI multicam editing in Blender is awesome!) and my Script worked fine.
    haven't tried multicam editing up to now so I'd be very interested in your workflow.
    Many have strongly asserted that multicam editing is just impossible in the VSE

Are you using Windows?
    windoze? Hell no!!!!
    Btw I thought that people would easily get my location-related pun: /home

The problem is that there are probably very few people out there who use Blender's proxy feature and even lesser who use it the way we do. So there is not much testing happening.
    I don't think that the sequencer has a small userbase at all. It could be that very few people use Blender exclusively for video editing per se but there are several users assembling their renders in the sequencer, compositing CG and live plates etc etc.

I will give it another go and see how it works out. But be sure to check Bassam's proxy script it's awesome

And here is a new version, that should help a bit with sorting out clips while pre-trimming and sorting:
    You can mark good clips in the panel. If you click on the hide button, every file that was opened via edit range but is not marked as good will be hidden. It is intended for a workflow where you start your project by sighting, pretrimming and sorting out all of your material. Now you can simply hide any clip that you don't need for your project what maintains tidiness.
    Last edited by sunboy; 31-Aug-14 at 11:14.

New Version: Fixed a stupid bug which prevented the hide operator from working properly...
    Last edited by sunboy; 06-Oct-14 at 09:53.

Hi, I just joined today. Thanks sunboy and everyone who tested this to bring it about. Hopefully I can subscribe to this thread after my first post.

Just saying thanks, I use this addon several times a week and have for over a year.

Thanks both of you,
    It is always a great feeling to hear such kind words!

as of at least 2.7, Sun tools movie manager sets timeline to cut footage fps, overwriting the main timeline's fps, every time a cut is added. Have a 24fps main project timeline, add in a movie manager clip that is 30fps, main project becomes 30fps , throwing all tracks out of whack. Would be good if the project's original set fps stuck when using movie manager clips.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456