Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beta testers needed for new render farm

Hello,

I am Marius from Render Street.
    We have been working for the past half an year on a render farm for Blender. We are now in a closed beta stage, and our public site is up and running at http://render.st.

We are looking for help from the community to beta-test our software, so we know we are on the right track. During the beta testing period, estimated to run for approximately three months, renders for all users accepted in the program will be free of charge (within reasonable limits). After that, all users accepted in the program will receive preferential pricing and priority customer support.

If you would like to take part in the beta testing program, please apply on the site and send me a private message or reply to this thread.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Since originally posted, we launched the service. But you are still welcome to try it out and see if it works for you. And let us know how we can improve it.

Later edit: Since we are out of beta now, this topic has been closed. The discussion continues here:
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...s-and-feedback
    Last edited by RenderStreet; 21-Mar-13 at 05:56.

Welcome to the forums. Now I'll have to try and figure out which of my works is close enough to done that I can render a Cycles HD test for the beta...

RenderStreet

my name is Claas Kuhnen a product and jewelry designer in the Detroit area and I use Blender for product modeling and rendering, specifically because of Cycles now. I would be very interest in testing your renderfarm simply because you support Cycles!

Thank you

Hello. My name is Lance Flavell. My main job here in New Zealand is as a teacher and I like to include Blender in the school programme. It is looking like next year the year 13s may be working on animation media and I am currently working with the school to see whether our own machines are up to it. Access to your renderfarm may be a good alternative; most students will be new Blender users, if that is okay with you.

Originally Posted by BenDansie View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Now I'll have to try and figure out which of my works is close enough to done that I can render a Cycles HD test for the beta...
    Thank you Ben
    When you have decided about the work you want to use, just create an account on the site and I will be happy to activate it for you.

Originally Posted by cekuhnen View Post
    RenderStreet

my name is Claas Kuhnen a product and jewelry designer in the Detroit area and I use Blender for product modeling and rendering, specifically because of Cycles now. I would be very interest in testing your renderfarm simply because you support Cycles!

Thank you
    Claas,

Thank you for your interest in our beta program. I have activated your account, so you can start using it.
    Looking forward for your feedback

Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Hello. My name is Lance Flavell. My main job here in New Zealand is as a teacher and I like to include Blender in the school programme. It is looking like next year the year 13s may be working on animation media and I am currently working with the school to see whether our own machines are up to it. Access to your renderfarm may be a good alternative; most students will be new Blender users, if that is okay with you.
    Hello Lance,

I think that's a very nice initiative! Will be glad to have you in the beta program - just create an account on the site and I will approve it so you can start using it.

I just want to make a small note for all beta program applications: the approval process is entirely manual. We are on a GMT+2 time zone, and depending on your geographical location this may cause an initial delay.
    Once your account is approved, all operations are automated so that shouldn't cause any issues.

Great, this is just what I've been looking for, add me please!

Hi!

I'm Oana from the Blendermama.com blog for architectural renderings in Blender and I'm involved in the Render Street project.. ahem.. I'm married to one of the programmers behind it (Sorin) and guess what gave him the idea to start this?

So I'm supporting this render farm, I'm testing it, and I hope for it to work well because it's something that I really need in my line of work. I have tried online render farms before, when pressed for time on a tight deadline, and so far, by comparing to other experiences, I would say render Street has a easy to use upload-render-download system, and on the latest tests I made it worked nicely.

Feedback from the community would really help to improve the interface and experience, so I want to thank everyone willing to help us and try it out!

At a first glance the interface works very well, is very logical, easy to navigate, and simple and effective.
    I also extremely appreciate that Cycles is supported as I have no use for BI at all any more, it just does not cut it in my area.

Everything seems to work, and I encountered only few minor interface HTML glitches but once that is overcome the farm renders like a champ.

I have to test it more on some complex scenes.

cycles power! yay!

Hi, would love to test! I'm involved with a lot of arch. viz and general animation stuff.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    www.tomsvilans.com

Hi RenderStreet, this looks like a very nice service and I'd like to participate in the Beta.

However it seems that your site does not bode well with Google Chrome, I cannot tick any checkboxes or press any of the yellow buttons. It works fine in Firefox but at this point I had already created my account and canceled before I could fill in the form.

My name is Jonas Pilo, I am a freelancer and I am going to need access to a renderfarm in the coming months. I do a lot of Archviz and product rendering and also some VFX work.

I never got an activation email.

Lancer,

The account activation process is manual at this point. I sent you an email from my address approximately one hour ago, let me know if you haven't received it. Your account is live now.

Marius

Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post
    Hi RenderStreet, this looks like a very nice service and I'd like to participate in the Beta.

However it seems that your site does not bode well with Google Chrome, I cannot tick any checkboxes or press any of the yellow buttons. It works fine in Firefox but at this point I had already created my account and canceled before I could fill in the form.

My name is Jonas Pilo, I am a freelancer and I am going to need access to a renderfarm in the coming months. I do a lot of Archviz and product rendering and also some VFX work.

Hi Jonas,

I am using Chrome as my primary browser (on Windows) and didn't have any issues with the site. Can you please tell me what version of Chrome are you using and on what operating system?

I have activated your account, you can start using it now. If you still have problems using it with Chrome, please send me a private message and we'll debug the problem.

@Marius
    I've tested a few renderfarms in the last years and it seems not so easy to provide a fast, reliable service which is usable for production use.

Renderflow.com is one of them which is pretty usable but still lacks on stability.
    Corefarm.com is down meanwhile and blenderrenders.com seems like a joke to me.

I wish you good luck in the renderfarm business !

Kind regards
    Alain
    Artwork - Farnsworth House
    Equipment - Intel Pentium 2.8 GHz 2 Cores, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX TITAN 8GB, Blender 2.72, Win 7 64 Bit, NVIDIA Driver current version

Originally Posted by RenderStreet View Post
    I sent you an email from my address approximately one hour ago, let me know if you haven't received it.
    Thanks Marius, I got the email and am now able to log in. I'll hopefully be able to come up with some tests over the next few days.

@Alain: I know it's not easy - we have been working on this project for some time and we are doing everything we can to make it right. If you have suggestions on how things could be improved, or you find some bugs that need fixing, please contact me, I will be listening.

Thank you,
    Marius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast