Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Hi kgeogeo.

Just started playing around with this and, as said hundreds of times before, it is AWESOME. So intuitive. Wish I could program so I could dive in there and help out =).

1. The GitHub versio on page 1 is always the most up to date version right?
    2. Do any of you guys fancy making a quick video tutorial on the key features and benefits? I'm still not sure I'm using it correctly..

Something I immediately noticed was that when I imported a 960x1080 png in and applied the transform strip with the 'T' hotkey it automatically adjusted the image scale correctly. Small things like this are so very very nice..

Thanks again

Originally Posted by 3pointEdit View Post
    BUG report.
    Dear authors, I have noticed that the Addon won't work inside a meta-strip. I tried to nest a transform effect inside a meta strip so that I could apply a mask to it. In this way the mask will stay still while the content of the meta strip can slide around.
    I fix this bug
    I changed the line
    Code:
    seq for seq in context.scene.sequence_editor.sequences
    to
    Code:
    seq for seq in context.selected_sequences
    VSE_Transform_Tool_mod.zip

Wow, thank you very much for the bug fix!
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

Hi there! I'm having some difficulty getting this to work...

I've added the script to the addons folder (it's showing up in the c:/users/name/appData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons in Windows) and some of the commands seem to be working (the one to select or deselect all clips works) but hitting "T" isn't adding the transform effect... It's not doing anything that I can see.

The script I added was the one on the first post here... Is that the right one to add or was there an update later in the post that I haven't reached yet?

It looks promising, that much is certain. However, since it doesn't seem to be doing what the video in your original post is doing (adding that strip) is a bit frustrating.

Am I doing something wrong? I'll post a screencap of the Video Sequence Editor to show what I have so far...
    blenderscreenshotVSEtransformtoolissue.png

Is there something that I need to do before (do I have to initialize the script in some manner first? if so, how does one do that? I suspect it's heard a lot but I'm pretty new to Blender.)

Adding the script to the addons folder is only the first step required. You also need to activate the addon (Ctrl+U, addons etc) to make it available in the VSE.

Hello guys! I'm using VSE with transform tool and quick functions addons and that improves a lot VSE of blender. However, i have a problem. I have noticed that using the 2d cursor as pivot point is usefull in some cases, but i don't like that once i set the 2d cursor in the place i want to scale a color object, it's annoying if i move the color object the 2d cursor doesn't move. I know that this is the way it works, but i was wondering if is possible instead using the 2d cursor as the pivot point, to be able to modify the origin of the object, in the same way that we can do it in the default mode. For example, in default mode if you have a cube, go to edit mode, select two vertices in the bottom of the cube, then shift +s cursor to selected, go to object mode, shift +alt + ctrl + c, origin to 3d cursor. I don't know if i explain myself, if not, tell me and i will try to do it better. Sorry for my English as well. Thanks a lot

This is one of the most beatiful things I've seen in a lot of time.
    I used to edit on blender every single short movie I did, and was about to give up due the too slow viewport, but this is getting me back again.
    I just saw today "Tracey Fragments" and I wanted to use some similar techniques for my next project. You just made my day.
    I have to complain only about the cropping function, it has a design problem (in the actual VSE aswell):
    It's actually really practical to make fast croppings and virtual camera movements as it is but...
    A- it needs a "keep proportions feature (on ctrl)"
    B- the origin is in the middle of the cropping field. And this is a big mistake, because if you want to animate for example a transition, of the right border growing, making the image appear, you actually can't do it without having to get mad on making an equal and opposite movement of the strip, so to make the cropping function completely functional it should have 4 handles (like the square selection on gimp) and the origin should remain in the center of the strip. Now you could animate crops without having to care about the image movements, and you can manage movement and crop apart, without getting crazy.

But I don't want to sound unsatisfacted, I'm really really really grateful for what you did!
    Thanks!

Just a reminder, we setup an IRC channel #blendervse on freenode.net so there is a place to talk all you want about VSE, video editing, ffmpeg, color theory and bla bla bla...

Drop in and chat it up all you want. There a good mix of enthusiasts, pros, video editors and media production people in there.
    See you there or be square, I mean the default cube!

Hi All,
    This addon is awesome. But can anybody know how to shear with this addon ?

Thank you very much...

Thanks a lot, I just discovered the blender video editing and I was very disappointed when I saw I couldnt transform objects and text as I usually do in 3D view with the G, S, R, etc.

Thank you again!

I've got this installed, and added the transform strip. I watched the video in the OP, but I am not understanding how to crop the video and keep the aspect ratio correct. I press C and a "Change" menu pops up, with the options "Change Effect Input: A->B, B->C, A->C" and also "Change Effect Type" with all of the normal effects.

From reading the description, I press C, then press it again, then left click on the video and drag to crop? My weak laptop just gets the mouse icon spinning for a minute and nothing happens.

I have a video that is the is the same size that is going to be rendered, but I need to crop it to cut out some video graphics artifacts from a game video.

Could anyone lend a hand?

Thanks
    Last edited by Seria17hri11er; 01-Jun-16 at 12:37.

Same here crop does not work anymore in recent blender builds.

I fix the crop function bug. Sorry I did not see the api change.

Originally Posted by ariadrianto View Post
    Hi All,
    This addon is awesome. But can anybody know how to shear with this addon ?

Thank you very much...
    Sorry that kind of distortion requires corner pinning or XY remapping which can be done in 3D view or the compositor. It could be real time if you distort a mapped plane in 3D view. But you'll have to prerender that as an OpenGL export.
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

WOW great i had never thought blender is so flexible. Preview was a dead area. You brought it to life.

I downloaded the latest version from drop box link the Crop seem to not work in blender 2.78a

But on blender 2.78a the earlier version of addon (from github or something that is there in first post) the crop works but has some but so it hangs the blender

Hi!

I would like to use this tool because it helps a lot and I checked the Official GitHub, muhammadfredo mod and the kgeogeo dropbox fix but unfortunately none of these versions work correctly. They all cause blender 2.78a hang on Crop.

Best Regards!
    Albert

Hello!

I fixed the cropping issue

use this kgeogeo version right here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81245033/kg...nsform_Tool.py

and just replace the Line 861 with:
    bgl.glBindTexture(bgl.GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture1[0]);

This makes crop works! Happy blending!

Best Regards!
    Albert

Great tool to work with video's in Blender, Kgeogeo. Thanks voor repairing the cropping issue, Karab44.

This is a great addon, Maybe you could add a link to this video on the first post as it is the best one I came across showing how to use the addon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcMqCvWZS4

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789