toxicX version 0.8 released, UV export...

Howdy everyone, and i have come to tell you that after the initial hype around Toxic, I now have the fully operational first public version of toxicX.

Please visit http:/www.toxicx.toxicengine.org/index.htm for more information, the script, as well as a tutorial on installation and a gallery.

I am rather pleased with this, and I would like to thank Koba for the base of the script, although none of his original coding remains.

Enjoy!
http://www.toxicx.toxicengine.org/gallery/corkscrew.jpg
(test render to prove it works)

Also, the lighting is life based, so it may have to be scaled accordingly.

To run a test render, only use direct lighting, at 1 dimension regular sampling, and lower the res, and use None supersampling.

information on the terms can be found at the toxic website.

Edit: now in version 0.4!

Cool!

Really looking forward to see this renderer integrated into Blender.

And…

One of the most important thing is to get the material menus to
cohere with the Toxic renderer…in other words…what you see
is what you should also get in the renderer…

Like Yafray is now…it’s nearly impossible to use procedureals because
they turn out differently than the material-previews shows, it should
be possible to “activate”

• Yafray Materials (in the f5 shader/texture menues)
  • Toxic Materials & features.

Keep up the GREAT work!

/JoOngle

really the number one thing is to get more people to test it.
really people, I’m telling you, it is not one of those complex ones like beast, blODEd or yablex, it can be run without any options changed.

give it a try!

Hmmm. I tried it on the standard startup scene and it crashed.

Here’s what I get in the console:

Made scene directory
exporting:
camera: Camera
lamp: Lamp
Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "(string)", line 541, in Action
	File "(string"), line 183, in Render
NameError: Lamp "Lamp" not found

I followed your installation instructions. I thought I did things right, but maybe I missed something?

Ok, I got past that by deleting the lamp and adding a new one. Then I got this error message in a windows box:

The path 'C:	oxic\blender_export\render.png' does not exist or is not a directory

Not sure why. Any ideas?

that means the render did not complete correctly, it can’t find the output image.

try openning a console window and navigating to c: oxic\blender_export\run.bat and use that.
When toxic is finished check to see what it says. It most likey can’t read the scene export.xml file, even though it validates with the schema, so i think there may be a bug in the toxic xml parser, although it is the apache xerces, which I don’t think would have and error like that.

I updated it, try redownloading the script.

When I ran the script I got this-

exporting:
camera: Camera.001
  File "toxicx.py", line 567, in Action
  File "toxicx.py", line 188, in Render
NameError: Camera "Camera.001" not found
exporting:
camera: Camera.001
  File "toxicx.py", line 567, in Action
  File "toxicx.py", line 188, in Render
NameError: Camera "Camera.001" not found
skip: 40, x: 640 y: 640, depth: 24 (18)

I had to delete the new python variable setting that you mentioned it messed up the Fiber Script. I will have to try this out later . I’ll make much use of this when I can get it up and going on my machine.

Thanks SamAdam, cool script!

Blend on!

that data not found thing is strange.
i don’t know why it can’t find the data for it, I am looking right at the camera/lamp.
I will have an updated version with reflections and image textures soon.

This error keeps coming up.

The only way around these errors for me is to delete the object (lamp or camera or whatever) and then add a new one.

It seems that the objects that are there from default do not work. Copies of these do not work either.

However, this makes it difficult if you have a specifict lighting setup, and you have to redo it all.

Any idea why this would be happening?

no idea.

i hope it’s not the script.

i will ask on the .org

fixed it and added more features (ray mirror), see the link in my sig for the information.

added many more features, moved to beta testing, that is, it works perfectly on my computer, now it can be considered a full function renderer!

please give it an easy test, go to http://home.columbus.rr.com/samadam/toxicx/index.htm and give it a try.

All that is required of you is to install toxic (easy) and run the script.

It now has area lamps, image textures, perfect camera alignment, full settings, P4 optimization, & c.

hey everyone, I have changed the naming convention, and fixed a whole bunch of bugs. Try it out. Use the link in my sig.

It is really easy, no extra settings are required.

Material conversion (or would it be light conversion?) needs some adjustments.

Knife rendererd in Blender internal:
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/2274/knife.th.jpg

Same scene rendered in Toxic using ToxicX:
http://img106.exs.cx/img106/9368/render.th.png

On second thoughts… if area lights are not supported by Toxic or ToxicX, then that might be the cause of the problem. I had to use indirect lighting, because the area light would not export. Maybe that is why the Toxic render looks so… bright?

Awsome work! I love the fact toxic has no noise with GI… and you script is sooo easy to use…

do you know if someday someone will make some mac version of toxic ?? so i can test it? thanks

What does toxic have over yafray?

More physically accurate renders.

It’s still very young, so there are some important features still missing (eg. transparency), but when rendering using supported features, it looks extremely realistic.

area lights are fully supported, simply, well, add an area light. It will be exported as a light emitting sphere. (squares seem to have an export problem, I will fix this soon)

you need to change the light multiplier setting to get the right light amount. This is due to the fact that toxic is real unit based, and blender is not. (is one blender unit a meter or an inch?)

I will change this to something more obvious.